aberdeen-music

Dedalus: Official Announcement

Guest idol_wild

i wish people would stop describing me as recently departed. makes me sound not of this world.

er, not really sure where to start with this thread. if dedalus really gave a damn about getting famous then i'm sure we'd have made more effort like actually touring and stuff, which might happen in the next incarnation whatever name or shape that may take.

i really don't think any of us are disapointed by what dedalus have acheived in the short time we were together and i'm sure we could have acheived even greater things at some point but sometimes you gotta take stock and take a step back to go forwards.

as for the whole pigeonholed thing, i think it was a danger but i dont' think it was a driving force behind any major decision. we were always going to be compared to bloc party, franz ferdinand and interpol and we accepted it. it was always nice when people referenced bands like explosions in the sky and godspeed you black emperor as they were more direct influences, certainly on myself. i know no one ever hit the nail on the head bandwise though, there's a few bands that we could have been more easily compared to but were always missed(i ain't going to point them out though). the dedalus mission was always to create great songs. music that was accessible to everyone and that could translate easily from recorded form to live. that was heavy on melody and would be our own take on the classic pop song.

dedalus is a band that has evolved naturally through a series of members and different styles and i'm sure this is just another step in their evolution to being the band that steven and rob really want. i know this time next year whatever they're called and whoever is in them we'll all be loving them just as much as we do now and maybe more so. i hope everyone makes it to the show on the 31st to give them the send off they deserve. it's a shame i can't be there, i'd have loved to have played a farewell gig but it wasn't to be.

word.

dave

ps i think the 'with gods help' bit was slightly over dramatic, don't you? stevens such a drama queen somtimes :D

pps yoda as a dedalus fan rocks!

Guest idol_wild
ps i think the 'with gods help' bit was slightly over dramatic' date=' don't you? stevens such a drama queen somtimes :D[/quote']

You love it, though.

I can't wait for the recording of all the Dedalus stuff with Officer included. It'll be a fitting end to Chapter One.

why is it so many bands just dont have any staying power.

sorry' date=' i know dedalus are one of those "sacred cows" you just dont say anything bad about but you know...werent they doing pretty well?

This happens quite often to bands if they dont get where they want in very little time.[/quote']

aw but girly if you dont get on as a band then you dont go... if you do, then you do what you like with the band... sort of.

ok forget all that... went in before i even read the thread. genius.

• 1 year later...

News to me

Today at work, Steven asked me to post the following:

"As of the 1st June 2005, the performing band Dedalus will cease to exist.......

In place of the band as it exists currently, vocalist Steven Rainey, guitarist Robert Smith and drummer Alan Bain, will continue to write and record with the goal of putting together a new line-up and a new recording. With God on our side, we will hopefully return in 2006 with new material and a new approach. This is not the end, it is merely the close of the first chapter."

I was a little bored and thought I'd search aberdeen-music.com for posts about my ex-band to pass the time. To my surprise I came across this thread. Although the thread was originally started on the 25.5.05 I was never told about "our" plans until July. Funny that, considering that I was supposedly already in agreement about continuing to write songs etc... one and a half months before even being told of the other members' ideas. Democracy in action!!!

P.S. My name is spelt A-L-L-A-N.