aberdeen-music

Copy Haho, Dedalus, Thee Comrades - Tuesday the 31st of May

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Twas an enjoyable gig. Dedalus were a bit rubbish I thought - obviously the end of an era but they definitely missed Dave and the inane banter was gash even though it was their last ever gig. I think they have some really good songs but always comfortable in mid-table obscurity.

Copy_Haho always impress me, although I thought they sounded better at the Bikini Atoll gig when ironically they had little soundcheck. A bit disappointing to see loads of people had left when they came on, the best was yet to come in my opinion!

The Tron won't know what's hit it...:D

One of the happiest bands I've ever seen. Especially in the Tunnels. EDIT:That's Thee Comrades.

Copy Ha_Ho were great as well - can't believe that's only the first time I've seen them.

Was quite disappointed with Dedalus but it was always going to be a strange kinda gig as it was their last show...

i really enjoyed it, came in half way through thee comrades set and was really quite impressed, sounded like a heavier version of " the shins" imo, Dedalus were on good form, although i do agree that there was a void, didn't help there was a gaping great hole on the stage where dave would be, but it was nice when Niall came on stage it certainly made a difference, i havn't seen copy haho since they were politik and i was very impressed with them, i think they have a really great sound. Overall a good gig :)

even if i hadn't left i would't have been playing last nights gig anyway, as i had already bought tickets for magnolia electric company in glasgow when dedalus accepted the gig.

good to hear it went well though, obviously if i hadn't been in glasgow i would've been there to give support. maybe woulda played it too.

The Tron won't know what's hit it...:D

Are they playing in the Tron cellar? What date...?

Copy Haho were impressive last night, but they didn't totally blow me away like the first time I saw them in Edinburgh. Dedalus were pretty good, still sounded pretty big sound-wise as a three piece, although maybe not exactly my thing. Would've still liked to have seen them a bit more before they spilt.

Are they playing in the Tron cellar? What date...?

Copy Haho were impressive last night' date=' but they didn't totally blow me away like the first time I saw them in Edinburgh. Dedalus were pretty good, still sounded pretty big sound-wise as a three piece, although maybe not exactly my thing. Would've still liked to have seen them a bit more before they spilt.[/quote']

hi,

there is a list of dates at www.myspace.com/copyhaho - I *think* the Edinburgh show is on the 7th of July

that was a great gig. Dedalus lacked dave but what the hell they still did amazing. Copy ha hao hohe ho eh ehoo were really bloody good as well. I love when the bassist goes nuts on the drum. I like that song they do, the one on the cd where it kinda stops and shit , quality! Anyway id say copy ha ho are Aberdeens best at the mo. Thee comrades, nit.

that was a great gig. Dedalus lacked dave but what the hell they still did amazing. Copy ha hao hohe ho eh ehoo were really bloody good as well. I love when the bassist goes nuts on the drum. I like that song they do' date=' the one on the cd where it kinda stops and shit , quality! Anyway id say copy ha ho are Aberdeens best at the mo. Thee comrades, nit.[/quote']

Thee Comrades weren't bad. They had choons and at least were different enough from the other two that it didn't get boring.