aberdeen-music

My Vitriol - Finelines

NARC

Just dusted this album off my shelf, after about 2 years of non-play, as a result of a chance remark from RossP last night that they are releasing their first album in 4 years soon. I am disappointed I neglected it for so long - it's brilliant! Classic singles - "Always: Your Way" and "Grounded" are definitely for those who like melodies tinged with a spacial rock crunch added on top.

Anyone else a fan on here? Any info about aforementioned prospective album?

It's a fucking amazing album. I really like it.

Don't forget 'Pieces' and 'Losing Touch' as great singles also. Been waiting way too long for a new album from these rock tykes and thoroughly enjoyed their performance at the Jarvis Hotel.

Hopefully won't be too long before we see them in the 'deen again :)

I listened to it for the first time in a while last week and i don't think it's half as good as i remember it being. Always is great, as are Cemented Shoes, Losing Touch and Infantile but the rest of the album is pretty forgettable. I can't stand Grounded either. Hard to believe they released a remix version of the album.

they were the first band i ever saw live (Leeds 2000) and i thought they were pretty ace live. i too have just dusted off this album and realised its awesomeness. i think the album came out at the back end of 2000. could be wrong though. its fuckin ace

i preferred the original versions of cemented shoes and always your way. the album versions were over produced for me

Guest idol_wild

I used to fucking love My Vitriol. They recycled Placebo an awful lot in places, though.

Their debut is a genuine beauty, however.

I look forward to new stuff.