aberdeen-music

Unreleased Pantera song to see the light of day

Hog

According to a recent online posting by DISTURBED drummer Mike Wengren, several DAMAGEPLAN- and PANTERA-related products are currently being planned for future release. Among the items that will reportedly see the light of day either individually or as part of a box set are the following:

*DAMAGEPLAN DVD "Damagevision"

*DAMAGEPLAN second album

*DAMAGEPLAN "New Found Power" outtakes

*PANTERA Home DVD Part 4

*PANTERA - Unreleased studio tracks from:

"Cowboys From Hell"

"Vulgar Display of Power"

"Far Beyond Driven"

"Great Southern Trendkill"

"Reinventing the Steel"

-THE TRACKS FROM PANTERA'S NEXT STUDIO PROJECT AFTER REINVENTING THE STEEL WITH PHILIP ANSELMO (About 30 unreleased Pantera tracks total recorded from the CFH days until right before the band broke up)

*REBEL MEETS REBEL (Dimebag and Vinnie Paul's side project with legendary country/western music artist David Allen Coe)

It should be noted, however, that with the exception of a second DAMAGEPLAN studio album (consisting of recordings originally meant to be used towards the band's follow-up to "New Found Power") there has not yet been any confirmation from the PANTERA/DAMAGEPLAN camp that the above-mentioned recordings will ever be made available to the public.

whether Pantera suck isn't really the point here - the haste at grave robbing & cashing in on Darrell's death should certainly be talked about though.

No-one else think this is just a bit too hasty after his murder to be cashing in? Or does the thought of some "not good enough for the album" material get the fans excited?

whether Pantera suck isn't really the point here - the haste at grave robbing & cashing in on Darrell's death should certainly be talked about though.

No-one else think this is just a bit too hasty after his murder to be cashing in? Or does the thought of some "not good enough for the album" material get the fans excited?

Considering Vinnie Paul said this at the time of Dime's funeral, then no it is not too hasty. Dime had a studio in his tour bus, and was always recording. Vinne's reasoning is quite simple- Dime loved music, and he had recorded over half an albums worth of new music for the 2nd Damageplan album and would want his work to be heard. So when you say "not good enough for the album" you are quite clearly talking out of your ass. And considering how devastated Vinnie Paul was at the death of his brother- apparently the only words he could utter for about an hour were "I want to be with my brother"- accusing him of trying to "cash in" is really fucking low.

Considering Vinnie Paul said this at the time of Dime's funeral' date=' then no it is not too hasty. Dime had a studio in his tour bus, and was always recording. Vinne's reasoning is quite simple- Dime loved music, and he had recorded over half an albums worth of new music for the 2nd Damageplan album and would want his work to be heard. So when you say "not good enough for the album" you are quite clearly talking out of your ass. And considering how devastated Vinnie Paul was at the death of his brother- apparently the only words he could utter for about an hour were "I want to be with my brother"- accusing him of trying to "cash in" is really fucking low.[/quote']

Yeah, God forbid I question the motives of his former bandmates, eh? "Really fucking low" isn't discussing the merits of the release - get a sense of perspective, eh?

But there's no point in me preaching to the converted - you're obviosuly one of the people that'll be queueing up to buy what may be no more than assorted out-takes & demos.

Still, whatever floats your boat.

you must be a pain loving' date=' all black wearing Fuck up[/quote']

As much as I hate the modern perception of a "goth" I believe that your post was -

a) irrelevant

b) over assumptious and irrational

c) gay

I advise you to utilise the log out button located at the top right of your webpage.

Vinne's reasoning is quite simple- Dime loved music' date=' and he had recorded over half an albums worth of new music for the 2nd Damageplan album and would want his work to be heard. So when you say "not good enough for the album" you are quite clearly talking out of your ass. [/quote']

I agree there's nothing morbid about this, im sure as morlun has said Vinnie would want his music to be heard but french_disko is quite right to question motives although by reading articles which i doubt ( sorry if im wrong ) french_disko done he would know this is to give the music to the people who'd appreciate it and not be left in a cupboard somewhere to fade away.

How much Joy Division stuff would be lost if this was done when Ian Curtis died all those years ago, you'd be left with 2 albums instead of a slightly more extensive body of work.

.... on a final note unless you've heard the tunes concerned you cant really say the musics good or bad can you? I've lost count on the times my blind faith in a band has let me down when there new album has been released :D

I'm just off to get the new Raging Speedhorn album - fingers crossed 8o