aberdeen-music

Revenge of the sith is fucking ace!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw it last night. A million times better than Attack of the Clones or The Phantom Menace, but still not a patch on the original trilogy.

Good Points -

*Actual good use of CGI as opposed to Episode 2

*Yoda fighting Darth Sidious

*Everything involving Yoda

*The Wookies in battle

*The linking of the prequels to the original films

Bad Points-

*Padme's death was just ridiculous

*General Grievous was almost as bad a character as Jar Jar Binks

*The electrical battle of the forces between Mace Windu and Sidious was a bit overdrawn.

Overall, I enjoyed it.

ah cmon! i just finished watching it again and it really is an awesome film, and i stand by the empire comment. i wouldn't go so far and say it's better than empire but it's certainly up there with the original trilogy.

search your feelings, you know it to be true.

ace film a million times better than episodes one and two but not as good as the originals...damn rose tinted memories...

yes the acting was a bit cringe worthy at times but hey dont forget that the original trilogy starred Mark "couldntacthimselfoutofawetpaperbag" Hamill and on the plus side the guy Hayden thingy...Darth Vader...was ten times better at playing 'Angry' then playing the 'Whiny teen' he was in episode two

best bits...

everything to do with lightsabers

CHEWBACCA!! (albeit he's barely in it and to be honest seemed more like Lucas apoligising to the us for jar jar binks)

the climatic fight between anakin and ewan...he catches on fire...ACE!

everything of Yoda, the order 66 bit, prototype tie fighters, THAT music, is that the death star at the end?

all ace moment

the only crap parts.....

um...christopher lee dies pretty quickly and...uh..i wanted boba fett...but thats all i can really think of (ok yeh the childbirth sequence was a bit shite)

Guest Logan

Boba Fett would only be like what...12? If that?

I don't think the helmet would even have fit him!

I still say it's one of the better Star Wars movie. It definitely beats the first two prequels and in my head it's much better than Jedi! Whether it's better than Empire or not, I don't know. But I do think it's on par with the original!

I just wish people stopped comparing them to the originals. Just take them as they are!

I felt like some part of me was missing before i saw Sith. After i saw it i just felt so satisfied and happy; all my questions were answered! Just about everything- except Vader going "Noooooo!" - was just how i wanted it to be. It also didn't really make sense that Mace Windu battered Palpatine - with such ease - and in fact at all!

Natalie Portman is a Godess!!

Right, I only read about half way through this thread cos I'm about to be chucked out of work and I won't be near a computer for a while so I'm just going to make these points:

IT'S ACE!

Agreed with someone earlier, how does Leia remember her real mother if she died in childbirth?

The NOOOOOOOOOOOO was stupid.

The BEST bit was when Yoda came into the Emperors room and wiped out two Imperial Guards with the flick of his hand.

The technology question - I actually think that over the 17 odd year between 3 and 4, technogogy slowed down. In the grasps of the Empire, noone prospered and stuff got beat up and re-used a million times, hence stuff breaking down every five minutes in all the other films. Same goes for Stormtroopers etc.

I thought Artoo moved way too fast and nimble.

Anakin DID bring the Force almost to balance - having a million and 1 Jedi meant it was OUT of balance, too much light!!!!!

I thought the Emporers make-up was horrendious, far too much.

Anakin all burned scared the SHIT of me, don't know about the kids!

The lizard thing that Obi-wan rode on was rubbish.

Grevious wasn't menacing enough, the coughing and shit really maked him seem weak which made me think 'how the fuck can he fight like that if he's coughing like fuck when he's just walking about?!'

Palpatine DEFO killed Plagous.

I think I'm gonna go see it again this weekend, might have more to add to that!

On the whole though, good clean fun :)

Guest Logan

Grevious wasn't menacing enough' date=' the coughing and shit really maked him seem weak which made me think 'how the fuck can he fight like that if he's coughing like fuck when he's just walking about?!'

[/quote']

This is explained if you have watched The Clone Wars (The Star Wars cartoon on Cartoon Network).

Mace Windu uses the force choke on his chest which makes his chest implode on him crushing his ribs (okay, he probably doesn't have ribs, but he it crushes his chest).

I agree with the emperors make up. I thought it was terrible. I don't think we needed to see how he got to look that way. I had it in my head that The Dark Side made him look the way he does.

Boba Fett would only be like what...12? If that?

I don't think the helmet would even have fit him!

hey im a fanboy, humour me, i was still holding out for another jabba the hutt appearance to...sadly nay...

on a slightly even geekier note has anyone played the ACE playstation 2 game of episode 3??

the actual main game itself sucks but the deathmatch feature kicks all ass..

Guest Logan
hey im a fanboy' date=' humour me, i was still holding out for another jabba the hutt appearance to...sadly nay...

on a slightly even geekier note has anyone played the ACE playstation 2 game of episode 3??

the actual main game itself sucks but the deathmatch feature kicks all ass..[/quote']

I got it for the XBOX and finished it within the first 6 hours of play. It is an ace game, though most of the levels are boring.

The 2-player co-op mode is disappointing, but the versus mode is cool! The minigames I found to be quite hard. Though nothing beats being Darth Vader and beating old Ben Kenobi! ^_^

Also, being Yoda is just fucking kickass!!!

Me and Leif Erikson completed Revenge of the Sith on ps2 last night. The gameplay is relatively limited but is quite fun none the less. Has some brilliant glitches too, like when you get killed but continue fighting for about 30 seconds before suddenly hitting the floor.

Guest Logan

I just tried to watch the movie with my 5 year old nephew, but all he wanted to see was the bit where Darth Vader 'Rises'

He's finished Lego Star Wars on his own, so he knows the story! :p

Me and Leif Erikson completed Revenge of the Sith on ps2 last night. The gameplay is relatively limited but is quite fun none the less. Has some brilliant glitches too' date=' like when you get killed but continue fighting for about 30 seconds before suddenly hitting the floor.[/quote']

And Mace Windu gets stuck when he's running along the balcony in the second scene of his duel with Anakin, allowing you ample opportunity to Force Heal and whip his ass. I still think the game is totally ace though, for the finishing moves more than anything....

Guest *alex*

The only star wars film i've seen was the one before this one i can't remember the name...anyway, i thought it was visually really good, but didn't really understand much of what was going on and lost interest pretty quick..i think i'm going to dedicate a day to watching all of the films from the first to the last..and then go to the cinema and see this one - everyone has made such a fuss about how good it is i feel i should go see it..besides, it's not like i have anything better to do really :rolleyes:

IT'S ACE!

It's almost ace

The NOOOOOOOOOOOO was stupid.

Yep' date=' I've seen more convincing displays of grief on Hollyoaks.

The BEST bit was when Yoda came into the Emperors room and wiped out two Imperial Guards with the flick of his hand.

Agreed, but the bit when R2 got kicked over was class.

I thought Artoo moved way too fast and nimble.

Yeah' date=' and he can fly! wtf? - I mean its pretty cool, but he needs to be lifted in and out of Luke's x-wing in the original movies. I'm not sure if there is any explanation for why he cant use the rocket thingies in the later films (Apart from the fact the effects would've looked crap in the early 80s), maybe just R2's age, but I'm sure he must have been well looked after and serviced between episodes 3 & 4. This is a really pedantic point though.

Anakin DID bring the Force almost to balance - having a million and 1 Jedi meant it was OUT of balance, too much light!!!!!

I thought Anakin eventually brought the force into balance at the end of Jedi, with the death of the Emperor, himself and maybe even the Sith? Thus fulfilling the prophecy.

The lizard thing that Obi-wan rode on was rubbish.

I agree' date=' It seemed to come from nowhere. It should have been a really wild beast that ate people and Obi-wan uses the force to tame it or something cool like that.

Grevious wasn't menacing enough, the coughing and shit really maked him seem weak which made me think 'how the fuck can he fight like that if he's coughing like fuck when he's just walking about?!'

Grievous was hard as fuck in the Clone Wars series, bit of a pussy in the ep.3. Shame.

I agree with the emperors make up. I thought it was terrible. I don't think we needed to see how he got to look that way. I had it in my head that The Dark Side made him look the way he does.

I always thought the dark side had done it too him too' date=' I think it's a better explanation than him effectively doing it to himself via Mace's lightsaber.

I did really enjoy the film though, it was better the 2nd time round because I knew what to expect and could relax and not analyse it too much. George had the chance to make the GREATEST movie in history, but instead he decided to make a 'quite good' one.

[img']http://www.spacespider.net/emo/sw017.gif

Apologies if I'm any of my points have come up before - I've not read all of this thread yet.