aberdeen-music

Who Sucks More, Kaiser Chiefs or Bloc Party?

justincutyou

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can anyone even make a comment like 'Rubbish version of Franz Ferdinand' when franz ferdinand are blatently the worst band ever already.....

On the subject.....Kaiser Cheifs are utter annoying pish....they are worse, because some bloc party songs are alright

(this is all my opinion so fuck off everyone)

I like 3 or 4 songs by Kaiser Chiefs but the album was highly disappointing after the first two singles I'd heard from it.

I've made loads of noise about Bloc Party since the album came out. It might not be 'cutting edge' or whatever people want it to be and it's certainly not 'unlike anything around at the moment' but it's fucking great. I love that record.

In fact I think I'll listen to it now. After Seafood though :)

Bloc Party are really good, Silent Alarm is probaly in my top 5 of the year so far. They really don't sound anything like the strokes or franz ferdinand, they're alot better musicians (not that, that automatically makes it better music). The drumming in the album is fucking fantastic and the bass works really well with it. The guitar playing is really good and quite inventive at times, the two guitar players work really well together and create a very different sound to the likes of the strokes who always seem to really on repetitive downstokres of power chords (i do like the strokes though). Overall their sound is a lot darker than franz ferdinand although they do both have that danceble rock sort of sound, but franz ferdinand is a lot poppier.

Kaiser chiefs are quite catchy but a bit annoying.

Both are incredibly bad but still not as bad as the Futureheads!

Has anyone actually heard how incredibly beyond shite their album is?

Bought out of curiousity/boredom while shopping for shoes, but returned to HMV very smartly (in disguise I was so fuckin embarrassed by said purchase)

Both Kaiser Chiefs and Franz are really rubbish (even though I must confess to doing a cover of Take me Out for a couple of months ages ago). Bloc party are tolerable but there are better bands out there so why waste your time listening to slightly sub-standard tunes when theres real rockin to be had? Thats how I feel about it anyway!

In fact I think I'll listen to it now. After Seafood though :)

Good man' date=' on two counts

Other than their use of regional accents in singing (which is at least better than faux-american accents) Bloc Party are untouchable. They have shown themselves to be willing to expand on the "angular" template and play pop songs with an ethereal and beautiful quality to them. But then maybe it's the fact they play pop songs at all, that you're so against

Franz Ferdinand, for their part, have tight grooves, perfect melodies and unusual song structures, as well as a bit of style. What more do you want! Of course, Project Ven Hell would rather they had ten minutes of noise instead, something you [i']really have to listen to

I really liked the Bloc Party album when I got it - however as I said before I am getting irritated by Kele's voice. I think its very true that their beauty lies in the ability to make the "cutting" sound of post punk and modernise it. This is why they are a chart successful band. I love it when "Little Thoughts" cuts loose in the chorus...

I liked "I Predict a Riot" when it was released but Kaiser Chiefs songs all follow the same template and are overplayed. But they get asses on dancefloors.

I've forgotten by now what the other band was....Franz? Just don't do it for me, sorry. Apart from "Michael".

Both Kaiser Chiefs and Franz are really rubbish (even though I must confess to doing a cover of Take me Out for a couple of months ages ago). Bloc party are tolerable but there are better bands out there so why waste your time listening to slightly sub-standard tunes when theres real rockin to be had? Thats how I feel about it anyway!

Haha! Wtf you talkin' 'bout fool?

Both are incredibly bad but still not as bad as the Futureheads!

Has anyone actually heard how incredibly beyond shite their album is?

Bought out of curiousity/boredom while shopping for shoes' date=' but returned to HMV very smartly (in disguise I was so fuckin embarrassed by said purchase)[/quote']

i totally agree with you. every time i hear that song with all the 'uh ohs' in it, i can't help but picture them all at practice, writing that song, going 'yeah, totally, doing a bunch of uh ohs at the start of a song will be really catchy and great.' instead they just sound like a bunch of cunts.

Kaiser Chiefs are just bloody annoying' date=' and deserve to be at the bottom of a very deep bargain bin. Bloc Party are basic student toss. They both suck in their own ways, but if forced to say which is worse, I'd say Bloc Party on the basis that they are going to be around longer, therefore need more of my hate concentrated into them than what the Kaiser Chiefs do, as they are a shite novelty band, and will fall into obscurity soon.[/quote']

ooh i like your originality, basic student toss, was that not what liam gallagher said last week in nme, could at least come up with something yourself if your gonna slag them off.

i totally agree with you. every time i hear that song with all the 'uh ohs' in it' date=' i can't help but picture them all at practice, writing that song, going 'yeah, totally, doing a bunch of uh ohs at the start of a song will be really catchy and great.' instead they just sound like a bunch of cunts.[/quote']

Maybe if they actually wrote the song then you could picture them doing that, but they never wrote it, its a cover from kate bush who i feel is quite talented.

If your gonna criticise someone, please know what your talking about

i totally agree with you. every time i hear that song with all the 'uh ohs' in it' date=' i can't help but picture them all at practice, writing that song, going 'yeah, totally, doing a bunch of uh ohs at the start of a song will be really catchy and great.' instead they just sound like a bunch of cunts.[/quote']

they didn't write the song, it's a kate bush cover. (though the point about the uh oh's probaly still stands)

I really like that song though, don't like any of their other stuff really but hounds of love is good and great to dance too.

Arcade Fire are great, best album of the year so far. The singer can sing, maybe his voice is not to all tastes but he can sing. After all the hype last year before and after the north american release of funeral, i was intrigued but didn't think they could live up to the hype, but they did, i cant wait to see them at reading.

they didn't write the song' date=' it's a kate bush cover. (htough the point about the uh oh's probaly still stands)

I really like that song though, don't like any of their other stuff really but hounds of love is good and great to dance too.

Arcade Fire are great best album of the year so far. The singer can sing, maybe his voice is not to all tastes but he can sing. After all the hype last year before and after the north american release of funeral, i was intrigued but didn't think they could live up to the hype, but they did, i cant wait to see them at reading.[/quote']

They are fucking amazing. Possibly best band of this century.

I'm not a fan of either band. I've not heard the albums, but I didn't like the singles, and the whole point of releasing singles is to tempt folk to buy the album, so they've both failed in that respect for me.

Anyway, I've never liked Bloc Party. I remember when I first heard the first single I thought "fucking hell, not another 'angular' band. Oh well, at least this lot are going NOWHERE." Unfortunately I apparently gave the record buying public too much credit. Then I heard Helicopters, and thought it was shit as well. But last time I heard it it didn't seem as bad as I first thought, although I wouldn't go as far as to say I liked it at all.

When I first heard Kaiser Chiefs I thought "not ANOTHER Britpop obsessed band". Then I decided I Predict A Riot and Oh My God weren't too bad. Then I heard them more than 5 times and realised they were fucking annoying. Seeing them do "Each Day I Love You Less And Less" on CD:UK made up my mind - the singer was bouncing about, but it looked so false. Same as their image - they've attempted to have a sort of image, but it looks so unnatural, as if they just sat down and said "okay boys, what will be our thing ?" The boy with the hat just looks like an utter knob as well.

I think this tit bit from Nicky Wire (previously posted by Swingin' Ryan) sums up Kaiser Chiefs pretty well:

"Kaiser Chiefs?...fucking repulsive chancers. They're like 4 different bands in the last 4 years, first they were a Stooges band, then an Indie band, now they're a Blur band. They're the Sleeper of their generation...Immensely popular though."

Both singers annoy me, but Kaiser Chiefs suck more, purely because Bloc Party at least seem genuine, and they don't remind me of the hideous Britpop era.

Maybe if they actually wrote the song then you could picture them doing that' date=' but they never wrote it, its a cover from kate bush who i feel is quite talented.

If your gonna criticise someone, please know what your talking about[/quote']

well i always thought kate bush sucked ass too, so the same holds true.