aberdeen-music

Who could teach me this?

Hog

ok I downloaded it and yes dude its sweep picking .... if you can't do any sweeps you'll be a long way off from playing that part... sounds like a full 6 string sweep, maybe not quite..

but anyway, start off slow and easy - doing only 3 string sweeps to begin with.... I personally find sweeping back down soo much easier than up so I have to put a lot more work at going up the strings but I think its best to teach yourself!

Remember the first time you pulled of an artificial harmonic?? Its like, fuck what the hell am i supposed to do, then BAM! Hey I did it, hang on... ahhh its THAT way, really easy when you know how!

Its kinda the same with sweeping... for ages you'll be like, WTF!! but start slowly, then gradually go faster...I can post some tabs for you to start on if you fancy...

ok I downloaded it and yes dude its sweep picking .... if you can't do any sweeps you'll be a long way off from playing that part... sounds like a full 6 string sweep' date=' maybe not quite..

but anyway, start off slow and easy - doing only 3 string sweeps to begin with.... I personally find sweeping back down soo much easier than up so I have to put a lot more work at going up the strings but I think its best to teach yourself!

Remember the first time you pulled of an artificial harmonic?? Its like, fuck what the hell am i supposed to do, then BAM! Hey I did it, hang on... ahhh its THAT way, really easy when you know how!

Its kinda the same with sweeping... for ages you'll be like, WTF!! but start slowly, then gradually go faster...I can post some tabs for you to start on if you fancy...[/quote']

Agreed. I was rubbish at sweep picking for ages (still not amzing like - but three strings are nailed, and can blag 4 or 5 strings depending on the fingering)

So satisfying when you finally learn how to do it.

I will listen to that bit tonight hog and see if I can figure it out!

thanks for your input guys :cheers:

Yeah, I think its sweep picking. I downloaded...em I mean bought the Dream Theater dudes guitar tuition video and he shows how its done but it looks damn hard to play.

I can do a wicked string skipping thing which sounds like the beginning of a sweep but this looks like a big level up.

Time to learn guitar properly methinks :rockon:

Here's a nice little bit from Hammerfall - The Way of the Warrior to start you off on your journey:

Porb one of the easiet one's to start with but start slow then go faster.... (this isn't really techincally sweeping since u can play it alternating picks but try anyway... its a good start!)

e||--12-8---------12---10-7-------10--------|
B||-------10---10-----------8---8-----------|
G||----------9----------------7-------------|

e||--13-10----10-13-10---12-8------10-7-----|
B||--------10-----------------10--------8---|
G||-----------------------------------------|

e||--12-8---------12---10-7-------10--------|
B||-------10---10-----------8---8-----------|
G||----------9----------------7-------------|

e||-----------------------------------------|
B||--13-10------13-12-10-13-12-10-----------|
G||--------9-10-----------------------------|