aberdeen-music

broken

Guest airguitarrocker

Guest airguitarrocker

nope im the user formerly known as noone, I just signed up a few weeks ago. Yes i am a friend of "stripey" but I am just doing him a favour by doing artwork for him and some promo by posting some links to his new material, i dunno why you guys give him such a hard time, hes trying hard to do something different on the scene and i for one am happy to help him out.

Fair enough hes banned but dont take it out on me, ive done nothing wrong, do you hate him so much that even people who are helping him promote his music gotta be locked out? The guy doesn't even give a shit about coming back here i just want to help get his material heard.

Guest airguitarrocker

how the fuck can my account be closed just for being a friend of stripey's and helping to promote his material? Are you against diversification of the local music scene or are you just insular petty idiots? How can you call this "the music scene of aberdeen" website when you pick and choose who can or can't be allowed to have a presence? Stripey is one of very few electronic artists in Aberdeen (many of whom dont even visit this site or care about aberdeen, and thus you have never heard of them) and I think closing peoples accounts just because they are giving him a plug is a huge mistake for a website like this, and further isolates you from the real music scene, even if he is banned. Is it any wonder that talent migrates and distances itself from its locality when "the locals" are so myopic?

This isnt the website of "the music scene of aberdeen, scotland" its the website of a closed group of back-patting kids, where constructive criticism is met with contempt and sychophantic behaviour is rewarded.

Oh, good grief. I did not delete your account because you are a mate of Stripey. I deleted your account because I think you are Stripey and he was banned from these forums (because he broke the rules he agreed to follow). I'm sorry but the account information you registered with as well as the IP addresses recorded when you access this web site fall within the same addresses that Stripey was formally associated with. So unless you guys both access this web site using the same computer then I'm afraid there is no other conclusion I can come to.

Guest airguitarrocker

Wow man thats pure detective genius, I mean I use BT Openworld which is a dynamic IP service, as does stripey AND HALF THE BLOODY COUNTRY ASWELL including no doubt a high percentage of the other users of this site, are they all stripey too? Sounds to me like you are just trying to make up feeble justifications for keeping me and the links to my mates tunes out.

Originally posted by Neil:

...the IP addresses recorded when you access this web site fall within the same addresses that Stripey was formally associated with. So unless you guys both access this web site using the same computer then I'm afraid there is no other conclusion I can come to.

Guest airguitarrocker

mind your own effing business.

Originally posted by Charlotte:

Yes, Neil has nothing better to do with his time than pick on you, because you are a friend of someone he doesn't know, but had to ban because he was being a twerp.

Get a grip. If you're actually an innocent party in this you'll get your account back. It's only a website!

Guest MerryChristmas

SO

OK, stripey was told why he was banned, i was not care to tell me why neil?

Also, i see you have banned my sisters account, yes i did post on it 4 times but hey this site is like so irresistebly k3wl

Re: SO

Originally posted by MerryChristmas:

OK, stripey was told why he was banned, i was not care to tell me why neil?

Also, i see you have banned my sisters account, yes i did post on it 4 times but hey this site is like so irresistebly k3wl

You were banned because of the anti-semitic remarks you kept making.

And if your sister was stupid enough to let you post under her account then that is her problem.

Guest MerryChristmas

Anti-Semitic remarks hmm yes your right

but they were political views

Jews are trying to take over the world with the help of america

and

my sister didnt know but shes still a stupid bitch

Guest MerryChristmas

Can i have my account back or at least sign up for a new one if i promise not to post any content which can be seen as deflamatory and apologise?

Guest airguitarrocker

Ok since you ignored my last message:

a) I am not stripey

b) I use the same ISP as stripey and half the country, and probably half this board too (bt openworld) so your ip argument is just absurd.

c) stripey is a unix guy and have no idea how to use his computers anyway even if I wanted to

d) I just want to be able to post up links to his tunes as a favour for him, since he is banned, because there are people on here who appreciate his material and have expressed their interest in hearing more.

e) dont be so paranoid

so can I have my account back or what?

Originally posted by Neil:

Oh, good grief. I did not delete your account because you are a mate of Stripey. I deleted your account because I think you are Stripey and he was banned from these forums (because he broke the rules he agreed to follow). I'm sorry but the account information you registered with as well as the IP addresses recorded when you access this web site fall within the same addresses that Stripey was formally associated with. So unless you guys both access this web site using the same computer then I'm afraid there is no other conclusion I can come to.

Guest Main Agent

That was a only a joke .

Well if its any consolation, I cant post either, although I'm registerd yesterday my screen says "Awaiting Activisation"

Although its letting me post in this forum.