aberdeen-music

TMNC Mp3's - Feedback Welcome!

PaulDW

Hehe... ah you spotted them...Yes there are cellos and various other stringed instruments in there...

We recorded at Stealth Recording Studios at the Strathclyde Business Centre. An excellent guy in there, very experiences, and a straight orward set up. We were v. impressed.

Glad you like them ART!

Guest Zeenat Aman
isnt ART in cleartone

every single post he/she has ever made is about cleartone

isnt STUART in anus

every single post he/she has ever made is about shit

Guest Zeenat Aman
if talent means flute and obscure middle eastern instrument playing i will pass

guitars never hurt anybody

Yeah I play that too, but it's over used in my opinion, especially by folks who rely on distortion.

Guest stuartmaxwell

i wouldnt expect anything else from you phil, you always have afraid of a little noise

distortion is a tool used to create a sound. certain types of music require distortion to get the right dynamics of a song

i can appreciate the various outputs of a guitar, and i make the effort to try and understand why it sounds as it does (in a lot of cases)

Guest Zeenat Aman
i wouldnt expect anything else from you phil' date=' you always have afraid of a little noise

[/quote']

Obviously never heard me play with Delicate AWOL or Clive Ravensby then!

:D

Guest stuartmaxwell

obviously not

i play music/gigs/record to enjoy myself, i dont play it for the benefit of others who a musically prejudice and know nothing about the genres of music i play. keep poking all you want phil, its water off of a ducks back

:)

i dont think i have anything more to say

Guest Zeenat Aman
obviously not

i play music/gigs/record to enjoy myself' date=' i dont play it for the benefit of others who a musically prejudice and know nothing about the genres of music i play. keep poking all you want phil, its water off of a ducks back

i dont think i have anything more to say[/quote']

One doesn't need to have any knowledge about genres etc. You even said yourself that you dont need that in order to have a valid opinion on a particular style of music.

You've also said that you are about a 2 regarding being open minded about music.

Hmmm, interesting.

:gringo:

Guest Zeenat Aman
Can you two stop flirting' date=' and let this thread get back to its original purpose please?[/quote']

Ok, sorry sir, but zombie maxwell is fun!

These recordings are an improvement on the cleartone tracks. The vocals aint to my taste, but it's all very well played etc.

Guest stuartmaxwell

You've also said that you are about a 2 regarding being open minded about music.

Hmmm' date=' interesting.

:gringo:[/quote']

go read the thread again phil and read what i said.

Guest valley69
Nice edit :p

;) after listenin further i think that there may be a bit of potential, especially in hero but i dinae like wot the bassist and lead guitars do. Singing is Ok though and drums are recorded well . You guys should take metallica , muse, gnr ,dream theater and velvet revolver off your influences list. Hero is ace till the bass kicks in. The bass needs to be drivey and the cool guitar riff should be the focus, nae that crappy lead line.

obviously not

i play music/gigs/record to enjoy myself' date=' i dont play it for the benefit of others who a musically prejudice and know nothing about the genres of music i play. keep poking all you want phil, its water off of a ducks back

[/quote']

Are you a duck Mr Maxwell?

I've only downloaded one. Hero. Its much better than the previous recordings that is for sure. I am going to have to download the other songs and have a proper listen on headphones then I can write something a little more worthwhile here.

hey valley69,

Why do you think i should remove Dream theater, metalllica, GNR.etc from our influence lists? This is the music that we listen to, just because we dont sound like them doesnt mean they dont change the way we write and play music. Those bands are the bands I love and that gave me the passion to actually get off my ass for once and do something. If it wasnt for them i wouldnt be a musician. If that isn't an influence, what is?

Tom