The best Film Soundtrack

Benji

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vanilla Sky

Good answer......Good vibrations works so well in this film :D

The lost boys...An archive of a soundtrack, anything that mix's vampires and Jim morrison deserves a shout.

I also like 'the football factory'...quality british tunes.

Has no one mentioned any soundtracks by the great Ennio Morricone? More or less every soundtrack he has ever done is rather superb, to say the least.

Regarding modern film soundtracks, I regard, The Virgin Suicides, Ghost World, Lost In Translation, and City Of God, to be of a very high standard.

Has no one mentioned any soundtracks by the great Ennio Morricone? More or less every soundtrack he has ever done is rather superb' date=' to say the least.

Regarding modern film soundtracks, I regard, The Virgin Suicides, Ghost World, Lost In Translation, and City Of God, to be of a very high standard.[/quote']

Audrey Tautou dans le avatar = :up:

• 5 years later...

Ennio Morricones soundtracks to A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly remain a benchmark for me, especially the middle one.

Soundtracks are too often just a mix tape to all intents and purposes, although some can be quite good Tarantinos for example which generally feature oddball songs that would be hard to track down.

I think Clint Mansell is doing the best original soundtrack work Ive heard in recent years, I loved his work for Requiem for a Dream and Moon has now overtaken it I think. The Fountain is also really good.