aberdeen-music

What bands from Aberdeen have had record company interest?

Hog

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Look back at the post' date=' I said they used to be called "Ass Flood"...it was a joke.

Although, according to a negative scene point, it wasn't funny. Which kind of irked me because it wasn't just an off-the-cuff joke, I had to google for Nolan pictures and everything.[/quote']

Haha, it's a bugger when you do a bit of work for a joke and it goes unappreciated.

Back on topic, it depends on how you define "record label". Defect Tapes have been good to Spike, but they consist of one extremely skint guy in Belarus. That's good enough for me.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

In fact, to illustrate how skint he is, the master tape he sent was a tape spool with no fucking plastic casing around it, which meant painstaking use of a screwdriver and tweezers to get the case off one tape and on to this one. Delicate job, and I lost my temper and had to get my partner to do it, I was swearing so much. He asked me to send his stamps back, too.

In fact' date=' to illustrate how skint he is, the master tape he sent was a tape spool with no fucking plastic casing around it, which meant painstaking use of a screwdriver and tweezers to get the case off one tape and on to this one. Delicate job, and I lost my temper and had to get my partner to do it, I was swearing so much. He asked me to send his stamps back, too.[/quote']

Now THAT'S D.I.Y kids.

Take note ;)

In fact' date=' to illustrate how skint he is, the master tape he sent was a tape spool with no fucking plastic casing around it, which meant painstaking use of a screwdriver and tweezers to get the case off one tape and on to this one. Delicate job, and I lost my temper and had to get my partner to do it, I was swearing so much. He asked me to send his stamps back, too.[/quote']

I couldnt believe it when Jake showed me the tape spool. The guy who sent it must be so poor he eats forest shrubbery and wild berries in order to survive.

that's ghetto fabulous!

what an effort!

spons

/x

I hear that a lot of bands in Aberdeen are being approached to gig it up in Jonny Depp's Club the Viper room. Is this just chinese whispers or is there anyone here being hunted down by Scissorhands..

the viper rooms welcome alot of bands to their club they have a link on their website for people who wan't to play there

Guest RockMonkey

This was before I came on the scene, and since I have come on the scene we'vehad talks with WarnerChappell and a few smaller labels, but not much came of them, primarily due to not being interested in a solo singer, the advice is always: "come back when you have a band".

Let's face it Stu, the WC guy didnt want me cos i was fat at the time!