aberdeen-music

Highrise Flats

broadband and safety completely depends on the area. Don't be fooled by the new paintwork on the ones up by the bridge of don,it's still the same as any other inside. As for soundproofing - they're notoriously thin walled, I wouldn't expect much peace and quiet.

I think generally high-rises now are fairly safe for residents, less safe for the average suited and booted visitor who leaves his gleaming new car parked out front and walks across the forecourt at night.

The one thing they do have going for them is a view, especially the Seaton ones, and they're probably a good deal safer to live in thansomewhere in Logie or Woodside. The schemes along there are in a terrible state.

The problem with high-rise estates is that they didn't work, and in part because of so many corrupt councils building them on the cheap and not to the specifications that were intended for them. So thin walls, unreliable lifts and no security. A mate of mine used to live in one though and inside he'd made the place an absolute palace.

• 4 years later...

My mate lives in greig court off George Street. Seems pretty quiet on his floor though he has had his bike lifted a couple of times now after being daft enough to leave in on the balcony. After the second time he learned..

The flat itself is quite nice, its a maisonette type thing and you can't hear much of the neighbours.

I used to live in one at Hazlehead....they're pretty good...the noise from neighbours was minimal, due to thick concrete walls & floors. But then again it wasn't full of students having all-night parties, or junkies shooting up in the stairwells, although the council seems to be keen on moving in an undesirable element. Also (obviously) the area counts. As a teenager I was pally with folk who lived in the 'scrapers at Gilcomstoun and Kincorth, and they used to be OK too. Wouldn't fancy the Tillydrone ones much though.

I have lived in a couple multi storeys in my student days....Northsea court in seaton for one..Shit view cos we were ground floor lol.....And my mate just moved out of the seaton multi storeys to the tilly multi's and believe it or not the tilly multi storey is well nicer inside etc.....

I think most multi storeys have there own security guards now and the multi's in tilly even have there own lift security....Honestly no joke theres a cctv and mic in the lifts so they can keep an eye on ya....What i didnt understand was there was still graffitti in the lifts lol....

Seaton multi's have cctv outide them and security guards inside them ...Sometimes they even have a wee guy that stands outside the lifts asking you "ye areet" which i found awkward ......There lifts stink of desinfectant and pish though which is worse than just pish....Broadband is available from both seaton and tillydrones multi storeys .....But as said above a few times walls are paper thin and you hear everything.......We used to hear the old lasy (she was 70odd) farting every morning....True story....Also whilst living in seaton there was a murder in the floor above us.....

• 10 years later...

Not expecting a reply seeing as this is over 10 years old but you never know lol 

Hope i do and really hope its the reply i am looking for. 

Has anyone ever stayed in either Beechwood Court, Castleton Court, Woodhill Court or Oldcroft Court

If so can you hear neighbours

Thanks

On 8/6/2020 at 6:41 PM, Kazkat said:

Not expecting a reply seeing as this is over 10 years old but you never know lol 

Hope i do and really hope its the reply i am looking for. 

Has anyone ever stayed in either Beechwood Court, Castleton Court, Woodhill Court or Oldcroft Court

If so can you hear neighbours

Thanks

Hello, welcome to the forum. I have not stayed in any of those unfortunately. Just wanted to welcome you as we haven't had anyone new in many years. 

• 3 weeks later...