aberdeen-music

Reting/Borrowing Equipment for live performance

Sam 45

My friend is having her 18th in summer and shes rented this big hall and is basically filling it with people and beer. She has asked my band to play and i was wondering where i could rent or borrow some equipment to enhance the sound. I guess we are looking at a PA and a couple of monitors as we have a mixer.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Cheers

Guest stuartmaxwell

do a "FLASH@TMP" and buy the most expensive and over powering pa system you can possibly find

then spend weeks trying to use the damn thing

:)

Capt. Toms do hiring off smaller PAs...500watt and 2 speaker affairs. As well as bass and guitar amps. Laney 120watt with 4x12" cabs for guitars and for bass the have 300watt+ Trace Elliot and such like.

We played in a hall for someones birthday once and used a Peavy PA for the vocals. Then a Laney TF700 + 4x12" guitar amp and a Trace Elliot bass amp. It was loud enough for the hall which was sort of basketball court sized...I mean you won't be out to cause hearing loss so a set up like that should be more than enough.

www.captaintommusic.co.uk

The sound in a hall is gonna be so bad anyway you are not gonna need to hire a PA company in to make things worse!!

The PA deal at toms suggested by tav above would prob be ideal' date=' I wouldn't even waste time with monitors to be honest...[/quote']

We didn't need monitors...it was as boomy the sound probably came all the way back round and hit you in the face.

I'll second the suggestion for Atmosphere. Have hired a lot of kit from them in the last few years and they are reasonably priced.

Not sure how your singer will manage without a monitor' date=' I'd say one would be essential ?[/quote']

Yeh think we'll get one monitor, possible 2 cos we have 2 singers, we might just put 2 singers through one monitor. It is all gonna depend on the cost.