aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Uni Library fines

Metarie

I've just discovered I should have returned these books in November :help:

I didn't get an email from them demanding the books back or threatening me with fines but I need to be prepared..how much do you think i'll owe them? They're not from the heavy demand or anything, just 2 anthropology books.

Do you think sticking them back on the shelf would work, avoid the fine?

Guest Mr Blastcap

if u havent had an e mail u should be fine. means you have to have them back by june.

i did the same thing in first year, felt right daft, thought i owed them a tonne of cash: they just took the piss out of me.

I've just discovered I should have returned these books in November :help:

I didn't get an email from them demanding the books back or threatening me with fines but I need to be prepared..how much do you think i'll owe them? They're not from the heavy demand or anything' date=' just 2 anthropology books.

Do you think sticking them back on the shelf would work, avoid the fine?[/quote']

What exactly is the basis for you thinking that they were due back in November? Is it the date stamped on the inside cover? If so, and if they're standard loan books (ie not HD or 3 day loan) then that date is just the date they were issued to you. All standard loan books are due back on the 3rd of June unless recalled.

If they are 3 day loan books, (ie with yellow tape round the spine) you're fucked.

Don't even think about putting late books back on the shelves yourself- that is one of the cuntiest thing you can do (within the domain of cunty things you can do in a library). Anyway, if you do that the book won't have been re-sensitized, so staff will be able to tell what you've done.

The library can fuck ma boots. They won't let me take anything out cos they have decided I owe them eleven bucks. Bastards. And they all smarm about looking so smug' date=' the staff there. Fuckers.[/quote']

Which library? QML? If so, yes, they are a bunch of fuckers.

If it's Taylor, fuck off and give us the 11 you thieving fucker.

Are you the ginger lad who looks like he should be in The Needles?

In a manner of speaking.

Although I think Dave would probably dispute the "should", as I think he wants any potential Proclaimers element to be kept to an absolute minimum.

Anwyway, students, books- Christ, there's a lot of them. Sometimes I wish they'd just go away so I can continue aimlessly looking at the internet.

couldnt you jsut avoid this hassle

by just finding a book and putting it in your bag and leaving

then just taking it back whenever you are finished with it

and just put it on the shelve again?

They are electronically tagged so no is the short answer.

What exactly is the basis for you thinking that they were due back in November? Is it the date stamped on the inside cover? If so' date=' and if they're standard loan books (ie not HD or 3 day loan) then that date is just the date they were issued to you. QUOTE']

Oh my god, that's it! Thank you, I was getting so confused, I've only been to the lbrary about twice this uni year.

What kind of way is that to run a library fo fuck's sake? Just to confuse everyone they'll do everything the *opposite* way round.

Grr.

Now I feel stupid :O

Oh' date=' you work at QML? Oops, I feel bad now. I'm a fucker..

No, wait, it's the students that are fuckers.

I like the people on the third floor office.

I'm sure there are some very nice people in QML.

Maybe the problem is a lack of surveys...[/quote']

That's ok.

I work at the Issue Desk in the evenings, and all around the library during days.

As for a lack of surveys, I think you're right. Communication between the library and it's patrons isn't great, but there's not a lot I can do about it. Except try and deal with the (often justified) complaints.