aberdeen-music

How do I get outta this?

Mouse

Lol that would be a great idea! Argh it's doing my head in, I'm speaking to my manager tomorrow, she didn't sound too sympathetic on the phone. Only alternative is to swop shifts which can't be guaranteed.

Pushing trolleys round a car park with lazy/ignorant people constantly pissing you off, or getting wasted and having a ball at a 3 day music festival, hmm I wonder :p

Lol that would be a great idea! Argh it's doing my head in' date=' I'm speaking to my manager tomorrow, she didn't sound too sympathetic on the phone. Only alternative is to swop shifts which can't be guaranteed.

Pushing trolleys round a car park with lazy/ignorant people constantly pissing you off, or getting wasted and having a ball at a 3 day music festival, hmm I wonder :p[/quote']

Is there nae a shift swap type system in place?? Your giving good notice, so it would be unfair if you found a swap and then were denied.

i would check with other staff doing the same job if you can swap shifts, so you could try and work around it so you didnt have to work that weekend, you might have to do a bit extra or crappy shifts to get people to cover your weekend shifts, but it would be worth it

if you could work around it that way, you wouldnt technically be taking a holiday, as you would still be doing your hours for the week, and your bosses shouldnt mind, as they still have somone doing your job. it depends if makro will let you off with doing that though, some places wouldnt care, some places would be very uptight with everyone not doing their hours exactly by the book...

you could always try going over the dates and everythign with your boss, and try and show them no one else is away that weekend, so there would be no problems or anything, and hope they see sense

pulling a sickie would work, but its not a particularly ethical way to do it, theywill be suspicious, and might not be very pleased next time you want time off (newtons third law, every action has an equal and opposite reaction ;))

David

It all depends on your contract - If your contract/company policy states that you only have to give one months notice of holidays you should be fine and just go!! They cannot sack you or give you a warning ect. However if the contract/policy states that you must get approval from superiors you may have a problem as many contracts/policys have a clause that relates to the amount of people working on that day ect.

Example - BT has over 200 people per department - basically all doing the same thing.

But only 5 people can be off on holiday on the same day, no discussion they just say no!!

Unless its compassionate leave.

My advice just go!! :rockon: Have a great time and if you do get into shit at work and get a bollocking you probably wont hear it anyway due to the constant ringing in your ears!!!

Guest Neubeatz

Whats more important to you Mouse, what you are(makro employee)? or who you are(your musical soul)?

Makro dont care about you, your "conditional" employment there is merely a byproduct of Makro's greed for profit.

For me the decision would be easy, ;)