aberdeen-music

Best Band To Come Out Of Scotland Ever?

Yeah' date=' the sensational Alex Harvey Band were just terrible, never infuenced any of the current generation of bands at all - kinda shows how narrow minded you are really, no great surprise there... There's a definite thing of musical snobbery on this board shame to see it continuing, music's good if it does what its meant to, which is means something to some people and entertains people, and with tens of millions of album sales between them I doubt you can argue that the music hasnt entertained. Music doesnt have to be original to be good, sometimes it just has to entertain.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Stuart, you are a fucking prat. Chris is not narrowminded, i'm sure knowing him, the smily at the end was some sort of indication of sarcasm. Get a grip u plank.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah' date=' the sensational Alex Harvey Band were just terrible, never infuenced any of the current generation of bands at all - kinda shows how narrow minded you are really, no great surprise there... There's a definite thing of musical snobbery on this board shame to see it continuing, music's good if it does what its meant to, which is means something to some people and entertains people, and with tens of millions of album sales between them I doubt you can argue that the music hasnt entertained. Music doesnt have to be original to be good, sometimes it just has to entertain.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

jesus christ, even with a great big :D you still couldn't tell I was joking?

fuck's sake.

I think your post has just depressed me more than anything else over the last week or so. not just because it's so fucking patronising, but really if a reply like the one you just posted gets made as a result of a (come on admit it) pretty damn good one liner from myself then what does that say about how uptight and insecure people are on here?

jesus christ' date=' even with a great big :D you still couldn't tell I was joking?

fuck's sake.

I think your post has just depressed me more than anything else over the last week or so. not just because it's so fucking patronising, but really if a reply like the one you just posted gets made as a result of a (come on admit it) pretty damn good one liner from myself then what does that say about how uptight and insecure people are on here?[/quote']

It's not exactly the first time you've made a dig at my taste in music tho is it ? Maybe I'm just bored of the 'jokes' made about me actually enjoying music that doesn't come into something you like.

Cheers

Stuart

It's not exactly the first time you've made a dig at my taste in music tho is it ?

yeah that's true. but it's not as though I'm genuinely appalled by your taste in music. just sometimes you go on about the same 2 or 3 acts a bit.

in this case though it was simply a joke, nothing more.

Guest stuartmaxwell

the james orr complex - VERY fucking talented and has had a fair bit of success abroad

urusei yatsura - these guys wrote some fucking awesome songs in the 90's

aereogramme - HUUUUUGE in germany and hungary, sadly not in scotland.

desalvo - if only we got to see them enough, features alan stewart fae idlewilkd and various techs. brutal chaos

who *could* be big next?

alamos - cunts from dundee with infectious songs

spyamp - ditto above

laeto - ditto above

de rosa - ditto above but fae glasgow

for me it's either SAHB' date=' frankie miller or wet wet wet

all fucking ace!

spoons

/x[/quote']

I missed Frankie Miller, did you go to the Frankie Miller Tribute gig in Glasgow a few years ago, it was great as is the Frankie Miller Tribute Album, arranged byt the lovely Alec Downie from NEMIS. The SAHBs reformed for that, it rocked.

Cheers

Stuart

Idlewild are the only scottish band that are coveted worldwide at the moment. Biffy Clyro are underapreciated tho' date=' as are the mighty Stapleton.

:D[/quote']

Franz Ferdinand and Travis too?

Shame no one has mentioned Belle and Sebastian.

or good ol' Rod Stewart;)

I would say Snow Patrol even though they weren't born in Scotland they were based in Scotland.

Someones gonna argue so I'll just say my second option- Idlewild.

Franz Ferdinand and Travis too?

Shame no one has mentioned Belle and Sebastian.

or good ol' Rod Stewart;)

I would say Snow Patrol even though they weren't born in Scotland they were based in Scotland.

Someones gonna argue so I'll just say my second option- Idlewild.

Well Rod Stewart isnt Scottish he was born in London anyway :p It's just a clever marketing technique :)

Cheers

Stuart