aberdeen-music

Pixies confirmed for T on the Fringe

Outdoors

:rockon: T on the Fringe goes large for it's sixth year, with it's first outdoor event, and with a capacity of 15,000 Meadow Bank Stadium could see the largest ever show at the Fringe.

The Pixies will be headlining a one-off show at Meadow Bank Stadium in Edinburgh on 28th August 2005. Tickets are priced at £30, and are on sale from 9am on Friday 6th May.

I need phone numbers and a webpage link' date=' stat![/quote']

From nme.com -

JOCK MUSIC!

PIXIESare to play a huge outdoor summer show in Scotland.

The band, who reformed last year to huge acclaim, follow their headline appearance at the Carling Weekend: Reading And Leeds festivals by headlining the first ever T On The Fringe outdoor show, at Edinburghs Meadowbank Stadium on August 28.

Tickets go on sale on Friday (May 6) and are 30. To get them, telephone 0870 169 0100 or visit gigsinscotland.com.

This old bugger saw them at the Tourhout festival in Belgium in 1989. If anyone's interested the lineup that day was, in no particular order, Texas, Tanita Tikaram (who got bottled off stage quite rightly), REM, Pixies, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Elvis Costello, Joe Jackson and Lou Reed. There may have been others but as I was so drunk I missed Lou Reed, you will forgive me if my memory is a little hazy. Bloody good day though. :rockon:

yeh i know and theres no way i would actually do something like because those people are the scum of the earth

its like 80 for a nine inch nails ticket on ebay which is just shit but i would never buy from them no matter how badly i wanted to see a band.

Don't complain about the price yet...another three major live acts will be supporting. To be announced soon. But I bet you can all guess them.

Nope.

If it was part of the overall package - i.e. a co - headliner or something I'd be interested. But to me it's 35 to see the Pixies.

I can safely say it'll be one gig where the headliners will be the best band that plays that day. Unless Husker Du have reformed to play at this event.....................