aberdeen-music

Idlewild at Music Hall

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest valley69
aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh...............just got back' date=' fantastic stuff.

that ROCKed more than a geology field trip! :band::rockon::D[/quote']

i dont like geology

Sons and Daughters were pretty cool.

The first band shit all over them though.

What were they called

So good.

Especially the song with the accordion in it. Quite a talented dtrummer.

Cant beleive they palyed my 4 favourite tracks from 100 Broken Windows

No Out Of Routine or I am(What I Am Not)

But You Held The World In Your Arms was awesome.

Fantastic gig, I had forgotten how much I really loved idlewild. Foxface were excellent, didn't think too much of Sons & Daughters though. I took photos and I think there may be some video clips as well depending on how well they come out :D

it was amazing... i've never really been a major idlewild fan, don't have any of their cds or anything...but now i'm thinking why the fuck not? I was totally blown away by them tonight! The lighting was rather pretty too! I thought sons and daughters were pretty ace but maybe played for a bit too long and foxface....obscure...but in a good way!

Idlewild were intense last night they played all their best songs apart from maybe In Remote Part, which is prob my fav. I only heard Fox face's last song they seemed ok, it was a bit simple though, but better than any of sons and daughters stuff- i think their guitarist needs to think up some different sounding songs, they all sounded the same to me.

Awesome Concert!

I thought all bands were great.

Seen Foxface twice now and they've grown on me. Would definitely go see them again. Sons & Daughters new songs sounded great. Can't wait for the album. And Idlewild were on fantastic form.

they've been playing a cover of the Ramone's I wanna be sedated on some dates, was really hoping to hear that last night. Still great gig anyway. First time I've seen Idlewild for 5 years. Don't want to leave it so long again...

All bands were great .I really enjoyed sons and daughters and cant wait for the album. It was ace when they played "to long awake" of the new album. I think thats what its called. They played the instumental part for ages and then came back into the song.

hmm that was good to begin with...but then it started to drag

hmm that was good to begin with...but then it started to drag

Slight understatement! That was the one bad bit of the set. What the fuck was Rod up to? That was the biggest pile of self-indulgent pish since My Bloody Valentine split up. It got a bit better towards the end, but the middle 74 minutes (it felt like it) were just boring, and if it had carried on like that, I was THIS ---> || close to heckling. And even though I was up on the balcony, I'd have been heard cos the place was fucking silent. THe guy beside me had even fallen asleep!

That aside, it was a fucking brilliant gig. They played just about every stand out song from their albums - if they'd played I Am (What I Am Not) and Actually It's Darkness as well, I think it would have been the perfect set list. The first and last three songs epsecially were inspired choices. Film For The Future was fucking immense.

Set list, nicked from the Idlewild forum:

1. Too Long Awake

2. Little Discourage

3. A Modern Way Of Letting Go

4. Welcome Home

5. Love Steals Us From Loneliness

6. These Wooden Ideas

7. I Understand It

8. You Held The World In Your Arms

9. El Capitan

10. American English

11. The Space Between All Things

12. Live In A Hiding Place

13. Blame It On Obvious Ways

14. The Bronze Medal

15. When I Argue I See Shapes

16. Roseability

17. Goodnight

-------------------

18. Listen To What You've Got

19. I'm A Message

20. A Film For The Future

Guest stuartmaxwell

Set list' date=' nicked from the Idlewild forum:

1. Too Long Awake

2. Little Discourage

3. A Modern Way Of Letting Go

4. Welcome Home

5. Love Steals Us From Loneliness

6. These Wooden Ideas

7. I Understand It

8. You Held The World In Your Arms

9. El Capitan

10. American English

11. The Space Between All Things

12. Live In A Hiding Place

13. Blame It On Obvious Ways

14. The Bronze Medal

15. When I Argue I See Shapes

16. Roseability

17. Goodnight

-------------------

18. Listen To What You've Got

19. I'm A Message

20. A Film For The Future[/quote']

oh christ, they are still making a meal of some good songs

the hII era in there sound terrible with the cluttered guitar

Slight understatement! That was the one bad bit of the set. What the fuck was Rod up to? That was the biggest pile of self-indulgent pish since My Bloody Valentine split up. It got a bit better towards the end' date=' but the middle 74 minutes (it felt like it) were just boring, and if it had carried on like that, I was THIS ---> || close to heckling. And even though I was up on the balcony, I'd have been heard cos the place was fucking silent. THe guy beside me had even fallen asleep!

[/quote']

Maybe, but I thought it subdued the crowd well, who from where I was standing only cared about when the loud guitars kicked in. The people around me had absolutely no idea about actually listening to the songs, particularly the new ones, and were more interested in wearing checked shirts and pointing at the sky. But such is life.

Sons and Daughters were fucking ace and Ailidh is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.

Film For the Future was indeed immense. The new single too is excellent.

And of course, thanks to Dave in Exodus who played us four classic Idlewild tracks, two back-to-back too. Shame to those who missed slippery pint/dance action!

Maybe' date=' but I thought it subdued the crowd well, who from where I was standing only cared about when the loud guitars kicked in. The people around me had absolutely no idea about actually listening to the songs, particularly the new ones, and were more interested in wearing checked shirts and pointing at the sky. But such is life.[/quote']

Sounds like a Manics concert...

You've got a point though. One of the folk I was there with (mate of a mate type thing) pissed off to the bar once he'd heard the three songs he knew. Which suited me fine, cos he was talking during the songs. I can't be arsed with that. I go to see and hear a band, not hear someone else's random pish.