aberdeen-music

Dresden Doll at Moshulu

Metarie

Ah, Amanda Palmer is the most amazing female musician... So gorgeous too. Actually Brian the drummer isn't too bad himself.

But yeah, Dresden Dolls are playing Moshulu on the 23rd of August, some where in Edinburgh on the 24th and I will probably be seeing them on the 25th at Glasgow's Cathouse. If money allows it I'll go to both Aberdeen and Glasgow, as I'll be in Glasgow as of that week, so who knows.

But yeah, seetickets (I think) says Moshulu, Tuesday August 23rd, 11.

Guest Cowboy Dan

Jesus Christ, why's everyone shitting themselves over this band? I've never even heard of them, on the website they just look like a couple of smelly goths.

They have a very seedy, underground cabaret type stage show, Germany circa 1930's style, with very interesting stage characters. Watching interviews of them on their website videos, they are really quite sane people, but ridiculously artistic. They describe themselves as "Brechtian Punk Cabaret", and if you know really well what that means, you understand how well thought out their act is, and how creative and artistically talented they really are. When you understand why they do what they do, and how they actually do it surprisingly well, you begin to appriciate this band on so many levels.

Although I suppose the majority of people didn't study the works of Mr Bertolt Brecht for a year, so they must just like the music or something.

Plus, the two of them aren't that bad to look at.

Amanda has the most gorgeous voice.

And they have like live statues and contortionist and stuff dotted about the place in their shows. They just create something that is far beyond music, and aim for inclusion, rather than pretention.

Basically, they know their shit.

Thats why I like them. Meh.

They have a very seedy' date=' underground cabaret type stage show, Germany circa 1930's style, with very interesting stage characters. Watching interviews of them on their website videos, they are really quite sane people, but ridiculously artistic. They describe themselves as "Brechtian Punk Cabaret", and if you know really well what that means, you understand how well thought out their act is, and how creative and artistically talented they really are. When you understand why they do what they do, and how they actually do it surprisingly well, you begin to appriciate this band on so many levels.

Although I suppose the majority of people didn't study the works of Mr Bertolt Brecht for a year, so they must just like the music or something.

Plus, the two of them aren't that bad to look at.

Amanda has the most gorgeous voice.

And they have like live statues and contortionist and stuff dotted about the place in their shows. They just create something that is far beyond music, and aim for inclusion, rather than pretention.

Basically, they know their shit.

Thats why I like them. Meh.[/quote']

Thanks for that insight, I see now, thats why THOMAS TRUAX is supporting The Dresden Dolls @ a sell out American date............

What the...what are they getting popular now. I live in Boston and have seen them play many times...they're just considered a "local band" to us bostonians. They're quite good though...I wouldn't really call them goth though....nor their look. Smelly? Maybe...it could be possible...the girl does seem like bit of a dirty one..unshaven armpits and all.

I've said it before' date=' and I'll say it again, it's pretty unusual to see a band that puts on a proper 'performance' and doesn't describe themselves as 'hard yet melodic' in Aberdeen.

Therefore, everyone should go and see the Dresden Dolls. Also they have a better band name than all the bands ever.[/quote']

It is a great name.

Fuck money, I'm going to Glasgow and Aberdeen show, as Ryan said it's not very often something like this comes along.

Just incase anyone who has never heard the band want to hear/see some of their stuff (I know, its a long shot) they have an extensive media section on http://www.dresdendolls.com with loads of music, videos, live performances, pictures, video interveiws and lyrics, alot more things than I've seen other bands giving you on their website.

I recommend listening to Girl Anachronism (the "hit"), and Half Jack, and watching their video interview for an insight into the band.

...And yes, I am aware I am having the biggest fit over this band.