aberdeen-music

Have you written the best song of you life yet?

Hog

Heres a question. Do you feel you have written a song which has suprised yourself? Perhaps something which you feel is the best you will ever write, due to mood, thoughts, circumstances etc.

I wrote a song a while back but added in some riffs to make a complete song. The guys in Element are always honest and like some stuff and bin other stuff. Although, on this new song they are all really up for it. Im really really proud of this tune and have spent ages perfecting it, i.e 6 months on a 4 minute song! I truly believe this is the best song I have ever written. Of course, I would love this song to be released as a single with a B side but we will see.

So anyone else feel they have written their best song?

Heres a question. Do you feel you have written a song which has suprised yourself? Perhaps something which you feel is the best you will ever write' date=' due to mood, thoughts, circumstances etc.

I wrote a song a while back but added in some riffs to make a complete song. The guys in Element are always honest and like some stuff and bin other stuff. Although, on this new song they are all really up for it. Im really really proud of this tune and have spent ages perfecting it, i.e 6 months on a 4 minute song! I truly believe this is the best song I have ever written. Of course, I would love this song to be released as a single with a B side but we will see.

So anyone else feel they have written their best song?[/quote']

MMw have written some songs that we're proud of, but I don't think we're anywhere near writing the best song we'll ever write, I think if we said that we'd already written our best song, then it'd be pointless to continue in such a pessimistic manner, I'd like to think that we'll always think we can push ourselves and do better.

Guest stuartmaxwell

i have written a fair few songs that i plan to get laid down a.s.a.p

i have been writing these songs for 5 years, and i only have about 5. i am way too choosy about things and keep ditching stuff.

whereas in bands stuff, i jump on the distortion an you cant make the song out anyway :)

do you think its better to write songs as a collective or sit down on your own ond just try to write songs on your own.

i usually just strum away and see if i can find something that sounds good but recently ive been thinking that 2 or 3 heads would be better than one.

do you think its better to write songs as a collective or sit down on your own ond just try to write songs on your own.

i usually just strum away and see if i can find something that sounds good but recently ive been thinking that 2 or 3 heads would be better than one.

Depends really!

Jamming with other folks has brought the backbone of a new song, but its only when im on my own that im able to work on it and refine it.

When it comes to writing lyrics, again, it depends. If you are writing about something that means something to you or just a great idea you had, its probably best to do it on your own. If you are writing some rawkin anthem, its probably best to write the lyrics with a couple of people to throw ideas around, since its not... how can i put it... as delicate.

Guest Bob

I don't worry about writing the best song I've ever written, for the moment I'm just happy to keep writing songs better than the best songs the rest of you have written.

I'm really quite proud of Durin's Bane myself... 15 mins long with a fab acoustic break and epic solo' date=' and the lyrics rawk too... (imho).[/quote']

Nothing like writing a song about the Balrog of Morgoth...power metal I take it?

I'd acctually have to write a song first before I could write my best. Though withinthesewalls are in the midst of writing our best stuff to date...though obviously always aiming higher.