aberdeen-music

"summer" bass player needed

TR!ΔNGL€ T€€TH

Since my tosspack of a bass player wont stay in Aberdeen over the Summer, I was wondering if anyone was keen on filling in for him?

We've just gotten a new drummer and changed our name from Sin-e (no one could pronounce it or thought we were and irish diddly diddly dee band) to Port of Saints.

The sound is pretty much indie rock, but a touch heavier, though not verging on Metal.

The bass player doesn't have to be the greatest, most of the bass lines are just fairly melodic, no slap bass or anything!

My main influence on guitar is Billy Corgan, but i try not sound like him too much... The band is trying to go for a heavy pop song kinda thing... Very varied, some a disco-ish, punky, grungey etc... The singer's favourite bands are Pink Floyd and Oasis, and the current bass player is into more punky stuff like Capdown and Lightyear. But we all like the usual suspects like Nirvana, Led Zepellin yadda yadda... I don't really care if anyone interested doesn't have the same influences, what i'd most like to do is meet whoever and give them a copy of some of our live and 4 track demos to see if he/she likes it.

I might be interested. I'm a guitarist, but can play bass. I can't keep up with flea and what not, but I can knock out a decent rhythm. I'd need to get my hands on a bass as well which might mean saving for one (shouldn't take too long though). I'll be working over the summer but most nights should be free for practices.

~Andy