aberdeen-music

Liam G interview, NME

Indigo_Soul

LIAM GALLAGHER has hit out against the entire UK music scene in an exclusive and explosive interview with NME.

In the current issue of NME, out nationwide today (April 27), the singer has attacked Franz Ferdinand, Bloc Party, Keane and Pete Doherty.

Speaking about Franz Ferdinand singer Alex Kapranos, Gallagher said: He reminds me of fucking Right Said Fred. You put on 'Im To Sexy For My Fucking Thing' next to their records and I bet you any money its the same person. Its the same fucking person! Hes just gone on the Atkins diet and grown his hair! Not my thing at all. I dont like quirky, weird music. Its not my cup of tea all that nonsense, million miles an hour music thats not going anywhere.

Turning on Doherty, he added: Im not into smackheads. Smackheads need slaps So what does the word Libertine mean? What does it mean? Freedom? Hes fucking in the corner doing smack with a helmet on his head! Theres nothing free about that. Its nasty, innit? If the kids like them, fair enough, but theyre nowhere near like us. The musics rubbish for start.

Scissor Sisters - who claimed that Oasis lacked respect for the Glastonbury crowd following their muted performance at last years event were also slammed by Liam who retorted saying: If thats what they call entertaining then let them av it - bright colours and fucking weirdos on stilts? Im more entertaining than that cunt. And Ill rip his fucking vocal chords out anyday because hes fucking rubbish.

Even newcomers Kaiser Chiefs and Bloc Party werent safe from Gallaghers acid tongue, with the singer describing the former as a bad Blur and the latter as a band off University Challenge, like theyre sitting on a panel or something.

However, in the bands revealing interview, Gallagher did reserve praise for an unlikely star.

"It's Charlotte Church for me, man, he stated. She could be the next Liam. She's got a great voice and she f**king has it. She knows how to get f**king hammered and she freaks people out."

Iv missed you Liam. Gotta love him. None of this 3 poofs and a piano nonsense, pure rock n roll. :cheers:

Even newcomers Kaiser Chiefs and Bloc Party werent safe from Gallaghers acid tongue' date=' with the singer describing the former as a bad Blur and the latter as a band off University Challenge, like theyre sitting on a panel or something.[/quote']

As opposed to a band off Hotwire Challenge.

Turning on Doherty' date=' he added: Im not into smackheads. Smackheads need slaps So what does the word Libertine mean? What does it mean? Freedom? Hes fucking in the corner doing smack with a helmet on his head! Theres nothing free about that. Its nasty, innit? If the kids like them, fair enough, but theyre nowhere near like us. The musics rubbish for start.

:[/quote']

Jesus, Liam Gallagher making a sensible comment for once!

Liam Gallagher's "outbursts" are all the same, he just changes the names each time.

He slags off a band by comparing them to Blur

He slags off a band for being a bunch of fookin students

He offers to batter someone who he knows fine isn't going to take him up on it (Jake Shears? What's wrong Liam, Ana Matronic too much for you?)

And he ends it by endorsing someone "random", to make people think "Wow, I'd never have thought (s)he would get Liam's seal of approval"

Imagine Liam saying Charlotte Church is ace. Isn't that, like, soooooooooo kerrrAAAAzy?

I mean wow, he's slagged off the current crop of NME bands. What a champion. Bet he was up all night thinking up that piece of genius.

but theyre nowhere near like us. The musics rubbish for start.

I'd say that's a pretty big similarity right there.

Liam Gallagher's "outbursts" are all the same' date=' he just changes the names each time.

He slags off a band by comparing them to Blur

He slags off a band for being a bunch of fookin students

He offers to batter someone who he knows fine isn't going to take him up on it (Jake Shears? What's wrong Liam, Ana Matronic too much for you?)

And he ends it by endorsing someone "random", to make people think "Wow, I'd never have thought (s)he would get Liam's seal of approval"

Imagine Liam saying Charlotte Church is ace. Isn't that, like, soooooooooo kerrrAAAAzy?

I mean wow, he's slagged off the current crop of NME bands. What a champion. Bet he was up all night thinking up that piece of genius.

I'd say that's a pretty big similarity right there.[/quote']

I.LOVE.YOU

Guest Scorge Spike

Another attention seeking rant from that Mancunian scrotal wart, I see.

Anyone fancy guessing his IQ? I reckon 3, and because it takes 2 to grunt, that's quite low.....