aberdeen-music

mistakes on LP's

lepeep

not sure if anyones dones this...

anyway, I was listening to carcass, symphonies of Sickness last night, and, I remembered about the mistake on "Ruptured In Purulence"...Ken Owen fucks up on the intro...(couldn't keep time for toffee in the studio, apparently, but pretty damn good live...) anyway...

I also remember in the Pixies "Gigantic"...it's the end of the track, Joey santiago misses a snare...oops !

anyone else notice any fuck ups on an LP >?

not sure if anyones dones this...

anyway' date=' I was listening to carcass, symphonies of Sickness last night, and, I remembered about the mistake on "Ruptured In Purulence"...Ken Owen fucks up on the intro...(couldn't keep time for toffee in the studio, apparently, but pretty damn good in the studio...) anyway...

I also remember in the Pixies "Gigantic"...it's the end of the track, Joey santiago misses a snare...oops !

anyone else notice any fuck ups on an LP >?[/quote']

Theres a Fish song called 3D and theres the sound of the distortion madeby a mobile on that no-one noticed,

cheers

Stuart

Check out this..... all the Beatles mistakes http://www.stevesbeatles.com/wgo/list.asp

Some of these just relate to the limits of technology at the time I think...I think the most famous being the solo in "Can't buy me love" where you can hear leakage of one of George's earlier poorer attempts :D LOADS of mistakes though, dodgy punch ins, wrong words, vocal doubles cued in at wrong times etc etc...fascinating reading...listen to the songs as you read the mistakes and you'll never hear them the same again :D

Guest DustyDeviada

If you listen to the start of Parklife by Blur, you can hear Phil Daniels say "Confidence..." too early and someone else telling him to shut up.

Foo Fighters first album - in I'll Stick Around there is a blast of feedback after the first verse just before the bridge. Not bad going since D. G. played every instrument on the entire album (expect one guitar track on one song)

And that Beatles thing is fascinating! Good work!

Guest Zeenat Aman

on paperback writer' date=' you can hear vaguely george and john changing the backing vocals to frere jaques...[/quote']

Not a mistake though, It's intentional.