aberdeen-music

Top 3 Bassists

Inkster

what exactly is it about victor wootens bass playing that you regard as humble? don't get me wrong, i'm as much of a fan as the next guy but that is not a word i'd ever use to describe him!!

turbo-whap-tapping on bass may not be possible with a pick but is sweep picking across a ten string bass possible with your fingers? i don't know, partly because i've never tried but mostly because both sweep picking and ten string basses are for gays.

different tools for different jobs. just one tool for bass snobs.

/x

Hahahahaha

my god.

ok, i said HIM not his bass playing, is humble, he seems a very humble man.

Sweeps and ten string basses are gay? Who is the snob?

the one who is open is new ways to play bass and experementing or the one who sticks to just playing finger style and pick?

Different tools..... so slapping, tapping, sweeps, finger style, double thumb, double/tripple/qaudruple stops are just one tool?

Try opening your mind to more than just finger style and picks.

What all this pointless shit comes down to is personal taste....it has fuck all to do with how open your mind is..... spoonie has forgotten more about bass playing than most people on here will ever know, and he does have a habit of making remarks on here to wind people up.....and of course he's turning into an old grumpy bastard....god I love him...:love:

I have listened to all these players that you obviously worship and would never deny that their talent and ability is incredible.....but we all don't have to love them....so lets just call this a draw and get on with putting the world to rights.

Hahahahaha

my god.

ok, i said HIM not his bass playing, is humble, he seems a very humble man.

Sweeps and ten string basses are gay? Who is the snob?

the one who is open is new ways to play bass and experementing or the one who sticks to just playing finger style and pick?

Different tools..... so slapping, tapping, sweeps, finger style, double thumb, double/tripple/qaudruple stops are just one tool?

chill oot min, it's called banter!

and what the fuck has victor wooten as an individual got to do with anything? we're talking about bass playing here. that's like me saying "no, you're wrong because cliff burton had a habit of wearing jeans."

i'm aware of the differences between and the strengths of each of the styles you mention. what i was trying to get across was that you had previously ignored the fact that there are things you may well be able to do with a pick that you can't do without. there's a place in my heart for all styles. some i like and would use, others i don't like/can't use. if people want to use 95-string basses and play with a beaver, i'm happy for them. the bit about ten strings was a joke. im sorry you couldn't see that.

and i love you too Big Daddy C ;)

/x