aberdeen-music

Top 3 Bassists

Inkster

No but im 90% sure i could if need be.

Cryptopsy - thats some hard bass lines.

Victor Wooten - Show of hands, Insanely hard to play.

Jean Beudan(sp?) - Some hard stuff.

p.s Any bass player who plays with a pick relegates themselfs from 'top 3 bass players'

JeanBaudin-big.jpg

the guys an absolute monster...tapping on a fanned fret 10 string...shame his music is pish tho....

bass techs accross the land will testify to this after blowing up their speakers by soundchecking his basses and playing in a normal fashion

What are you on about?

1. he'll have his own bass tech

2. how would their speakers blow, he'd be playing through his own and i'd be 100% sure they would have ample head room.

3. I would imagine he'd do his own sound check, and play in his normal fashion.

Sorry... in my opinion.

Sorry, slight over reaction, but your comment smacked of bass player snobbery, there are many good bass players who use a pick.

Thats like saying your not a real guitar player unless you finger pick, its obvious nonsense, I would be happy to bet that all the great and good among bass players have used a pick at some time, for a start you just cant get the same attack as you get using a pick.

G...

Sorry, slight over reaction, but your comment smacked of bass player snobbery, there are many good bass players who use a pick.

Thats like saying your not a real guitar player unless you finger pick, its obvious nonsense, I would be happy to bet that all the great and good among bass players have used a pick at some time, for a start you just cant get the same attack as you get using a pick.

G...

Fair comment, mabye it is my bass player sobbery but something about playing with a pick that just kills it for me. i can help but feel like the stuff i see played with a pick would be better if playd with fingers.

I dunno why but the sound of a pick just sounds bad to me, the clicky sound you get. just not for me.

each to there own

I dunno why but the sound of a pick just sounds bad to me, the clicky sound you get. just not for me.

Are you refering to the sound you get, or what you believe you hear when you hear someone else use a pick.

From my point of view I have never experienced this, yes a higher level of attack like I said before but "clicky" never.

Can you point me to examples of what you find "clicky"

G...

Ain't got a scooby as I haven't read this thread but surely there aren't folk on here slagging off bassists for using plectrums?!!!!! Tell me this isn't true!!!!

What the...

When the shoe fits.

I may be biased but my cpmpadre Andy 'Bass' Stephen (staccato set and the belated Downroads) has his stuff nailed in knowing what's best and most suited for a tune and that's all there should be to it no?

Fingers for this, plec for that, blah blah. What does the song need, or not need?

i always liked bill wyman as a bass player for his no nonsense attitude to said job. le peep from the much missed maple had the same attitude as well, and nick from real shocks/the videos/kill baby... kill also had that same killer attitude. bass players are not to be messed with - silent but deadly!