aberdeen-music

Original 1979 Westbury Standard For Sale

JME

So i am selling my 1979 Westbury Standard (http://www.westburyguitars.com/standard.htm) which i have only owned for about 2 months. Its burgundy wine coloured but you can still see the mahogany grain through the finish. It has DiMarzio pickups (origninal) which give an impressive sound.

The guitar is in excelent condish, only some minor scratches on the right side that are only visible under bright sunlight, but considering it is 26 years old its basically perfect. I dont think the previous owner played it much because there is no fretware at all, unlike my strat of the same age. I also got it set up when i got it so its playing sweetly, i just dont like the les paul sound. The previous owner also claimed it sounded better than his 59 les paul! Although i cant say as i have never heard a 59'lp, but it does have a nice sound.

So, prob looking for around 350.

Cheers, James

People, the price was just a ruff estimate, i'm not really sure how to value this guitar cos if the Westbury company relaunch is a success then this guitar will be worth more than twice what im asking in a couple of years, but if it isnt then i imagine 250 is more reasonable.

But i will listen to most reasonable offers- just drop me a pm.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest DustyDeviada

I had a quick look on ebay and the only completed item listing for Westbury was a left handed standard that sold for 100.