aberdeen-music

ACID MOTHERS TEMPLE & THE COSMIC INFERNO - Monday 6th June 05

chilli

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zeenat Aman
Her futile attemps at getting them to turn down their amps during sound check were a little scary.

Oh, they were less than nice about it?

How does one do the sound for a band who play at such a volume!?

Guest Zeenat Aman
I think they were okay but just determined that it was THEIR sound and they wanted to hear everything through the amps rather than the monitors.

Just like the good ol' days!!!

:rockon::D

Guest Zeenat Aman
but then later on they asked to hear such and such in their monitors :p

that was something else!

thanks

I think the guy in the middle unintentionally left his synth droning on some strange sound/note a few times, but in his jet lagged/alcohol/music influenced state thought it was a mic feeding back.

I beleive it was a very low F#.

:D

Recording!

So you think there's any chance that the recording has come out as remotely listenable? I'd be terrified to put it on my stereo in case my hearing really does go!

There were at least two recordings last night. Mine (which wasn't using the highly visible stand) can be found here:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=45283

You'll need to register & use a Bittorrent client to download the files.

It has come out pretty well. It's binaural, so works well on headphones. I'm just having to resist the temptation to play it at a realistic volume over my speakers. Don't think the neighbours would approve! :band::band::help:

I'm very glad I was wearing musicians earplugs after hearing all the tales of sore ears! I though it was loud with them in...

There were at least two recordings last night. Mine (which wasn't using the highly visible stand) can be found here:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=45283

...and mine (which was using the highly visible stand) can be had for a couple of blank cd's. PM or email me at imckayAThotmailDOTcom for info. I'm also getting a copy of the London gig in a day or three.

I'm very glad I was wearing musicians earplugs after hearing all the tales of sore ears! I though it was loud with them in...

No earplugs here - wimps :D

...and mine (which was using the highly visible stand) can be had for a couple of blank cd's. PM or email me at imckayAThotmailDOTcom for info. I'm also getting a copy of the London gig in a day or three.

No earplugs here - wimps :D

yup no earplugs here too (which was a bonus because the ringin that linerd in my head blocked out asda fm at work :D)

You should come along!?

Skint :(

But after seeing what people said about the volume, I'd have undoubtably left after about 5 minutes, I get really bad migraines at times and (no offence, it's just the way it is) The Tunnels is usually where I get the worst of them. It's a pain in the arse, I've been at good gigs before where I've had to leave as my head has started pounding :\

Hmm..I might buy some earplugs for future gigs there actually.

(and I'll catch an interesting music gig yet...anything on between the 24th-29th of this month, barring the 25th?)

Skint :(

But after seeing what people said about the volume' date=' I'd have undoubtably left after about 5 minutes, I get really bad migraines at times and (no offence, it's just the way it is) The Tunnels is usually where I get the worst of them. It's a pain in the arse, I've been at good gigs before where I've had to leave as my head has started pounding :\

Hmm..I might buy some earplugs for future gigs there actually.

(and I'll catch an interesting music gig yet...anything on between the 24th-29th of this month, barring the 25th?)[/quote']

thats a shame, just two shows after this saturday (Marissa Nadler+Kathrn Sawers+ CH)

25th Ally Kerr+ Sal+ St Judes Infirmary (like an acoustic/trad Joy Div)

Frid 1st @ Peacock Gallery Castlegate

A Hawk & A Hacksaw from New Mexico (Leaf) (Balkan/Gypsy/Klezma fused with loops) will be extrordinary

Incite (German minimal electronica)

very exciting evening

Earplugs

Very wise.

Here's where I got mine.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3274&item=5780204304&rd=1

They work very well for us wimps! I SAID, THEY WORK VERY WELL FOR US WIMPS!:D

The only side effect I've noticed is a bit of bass emphasis as they are never going to block out very low frequencies. Other than that, very loud stuff can actually sound clearer as your ears distort at insane dBs.