AMT on approx 8.45pm, but maybe 9pm

No support required

This will be quite unike anything else,

an event in the annuls of Aberdeen live music

If this is successful, musically & attendance wise who knows

who we may attract, but we have a few seminal & reverential

possibilities.

please pass the word........

Astonishing show. Have seen AMT a bunch of times and this one must be the fiercest I've ever seen them. The twin drum assault is overwhelming...the lame support Shit & Shine had 5 drummers and couldn't get close to the sound Shimura & Okano produced. My jaw is still on the floor." "Wow, that was amazing stuff!! My ears are still ringing Despite equipment troubles, despite being pushed to the end of the night by too many crappy amateur support bands (why does this always happen in London????) --- the Cosmic Inferno was hotter than hell! Earsplitting psychedelic groove rock! Hats off to the drummers especially, what demons!!! If you get a chance to catch this tour, take it take it take it!"

A repeat of the 1st night of the tour, if you want see & heat astonishing drumming

supporting cosmic guitar............. this is the once in a lifetime opportunity to see this

happening in Aberdeen

David Keenan The Wire Magazine & The Sunday Herald jazz columnist

this is the best AMT line up (he should know he 's brought them to Scotland

a few times)

Guardian Newspaper NO 1 Gig of the Week

get on down

Oh man, that was some fucking gig.

I wasn't prepared for anything like that. That was easily one of the best gigs I've been to. My arms felt numb when they stopped playing, so loud!

That was also my first time in The Tunnels, and what a fine establishment it is. I must start heading to more gigs.

Fuck, I really should have bought some merch.

Damn.

Oh man' date=' that was some fucking gig.

I wasn't prepared for anything like that. That was easily one of the best gigs I've been to. My arms felt numb when they stopped playing, so loud!

That was also my first time in The Tunnels, and what a fine establishment it is. I must start heading to more gigs.

Fuck, I really should have bought some merch.

Damn.[/quote']

last night was utterly fucking astounding! My ears are ringing this morning, it was so mind numbingly loud & intense. amazing, just utterly, utterly amazing.

Thanks to Mike & Graham & all at The Tunnels for making this happen - I was just blown away last night and, despite the deafness & lack of sleep, I'm as happy as a pig in shit this morning!!

As for merchandise - got the Limited Edition Tour CD. 2 tracks, 43 mins. The first track alone is 38 mins long..........

last night was utterly fucking astounding! My ears are ringing this morning' date=' it was so mind numbingly loud & intense. amazing, just utterly, utterly amazing.

Thanks to Mike & Graham & all at The Tunnels for making this happen - I was just blown away last night and, despite the deafness & lack of sleep, I'm as happy as a pig in shit this morning!!

As for merchandise - got the Limited Edition Tour CD. 2 tracks, 43 mins. The first track alone is 38 mins long..........[/quote']

this is earth to all sonic travel people, ooch me ears are ringing, but yes it was special, loud

intense & well very special.

We have rebooked them with three bass players & five drummers next time, so that everyone can feel the true force........... (only joking)

Erm

Two plus years of monstrous noise at Drakes and nothing came close... It was, I will say rather uncomfortable and for the first time ever! I had to take my leave early... No I'm not getting too old! Well done for having this gig happen and my apologies Mr Mike and Mr Graeme for sneaking away with most of my hearing still intact... No lasting damage... But my internal organs have been moved around! o_O :rolleyes:

Guest Zeenat Aman
Two plus years of monstrous noise at Drakes and nothing came close... It was' date=' I will say rather uncomfortable and for the first time ever! I had to take my leave early...[/quote']

What an achievement!!!

I'm hearing everthing today with a distinct lack of treble, my mid eq has been boosted!

What a night, I really should buy some ear plugs.

:)

What a night' date=' I really should buy some ear plugs.

[/quote']

Ear plugs? I needed a full suit of body armour last night - I swear my body is still vibrating even now.

I think the hearing is back to normal - getting the buzzing light above my desk fixed has removed most of the humming I've been hearing all day.

Your sneaking away was noted. You missed Scotland The Brave as an encore!! Not kidding. I need to track down the guy who was recording it to hear that again.

So you think there's any chance that the recording has come out as remotely listenable? I'd be terrified to put it on my stereo in case my hearing really does go!

Guest Zeenat Aman

As I was saying to Alan, it was strange musically. Just when you thought they were perhaps noodling a bit too much, a sudden energy would appear from within the music. I dont know to describe it properly, anyone else feel it, get what I mean?

I loved the double drumming. :love:

Well done to Jenny for handling such an onslaught of sound so well!!!

There were drummers?!

J

yes there were two, your eyes must have been shut as well..........

That was a most fantastic experience, totally without precedent as far as i am

concerned. I did take earplugs, but kept taking them out from time to time.

Well done to the tunnels etc for putting this on

Twas quite loud but not as piercing as Opaque or as ear shattering as Wire or Pan Sonic, whose volume affected my balance mildly for a couple of days

Great gig - amazing to see band member asleep a few minutes before they went on stage. Not that keen on the singing but overall a lovely psych / noise / krautrock onslaught.

Dave