aberdeen-music

Holy Shit!!! Check out this band...

unbroken

my fav genre of music is metal and the new bands i listen too are classed as metalcore

i.e. shadows fall, chimaira etc

however when i listen to this song, very few things are similar to what i like and hear in the bands i listen too, and infact sounds very hardcore influenced. (especially the vox and discordant thing).

if its not metal, metalcore or hardcore. What kind of music is it???????

my fav genre of music is metal and the new bands i listen too are classed as metalcore

i.e. shadows fall' date=' chimaira etc

however when i listen to this song, very few things are similar to what i like and hear in the bands i listen too, and infact sounds very hardcore influenced. (especially the vox and discordant thing).

if its not metal, metalcore or hardcore. What kind of music is it???????[/quote']

Just modern metal...

Just because it has dischords doesn't mean it is hardcore...

Dead to Fall have dischords and breakdowns, but they are 100% a metal band.

Just modern metal...

Just because it has dischords doesn't mean it is hardcore...

Dead to Fall have dischords and breakdowns' date=' but they are 100% a metal band.[/quote']

it doesnt matter! if people want to call it metalcore then let them (if you know thats its not, don't call it that) hell try giving Opeth a genre* if you are the master ;)

*so far i came up with: Black/death/doom/progessive/acoustic/folk metal

it doesnt matter! if people want to call it metalcore then let them (if you know thats its not' date=' don't call it that) hell try giving Opeth a genre* if you are the master ;)

*so far i came up with: Black/death/doom/progessive/acoustic/folk metal[/quote']

well I label them as extreme progressive metal, Mr DotF.

The prog element can't be denied, but I feel 'extreme' covers the fact that they are very heavy and then very not-heavy in one go. :)