aberdeen-music

The results are in and the winner is...

Neil

Guest tv tanned
'Twas indeed a top knotch piece of viewing' date=' so good that i sent 3 txts in an attempt to swing the vote. Well done Mr Johnson and the Jest. I think the high price tag on the case, as hoped for by the stranded manager, really showed what the bands real intentions were.

Hope there's an influx of new, interesting members that can contribute to the forums. I also hope that the stranded band feel the consequences of such a piss-poor publicity stunt.[/quote']

I also sent three texts. At primetime TV costs, that'll be a Lynchburg Lemonade in the Bassment by way of expression of gratitude :D

I think they probably did get what they wanted even though they didn't get the money. Before yesterday i had never heard of stranded as i'm sure most people on here hadn't but now everyone has... tis a sad day when bands have to go to such lengths to get publicity.. but let me just stress... this is my opinion so don't go get on my back..

In my eyes there wasn't really a case, Stuart has a right to say what he wants just as any of us do. I voted twice for the aberdeen-music guys :D

xxx

"I think" that Stranded's manager has either appeared on TV before or had the benefit of a training course. She addressed the camera in a very professional manner. Stuart in contrast looked as though he was experiencing that mental state known a 'fight or flee syndrome'. The worst thing about the programme was the 'judge' acting as a prosecutor, that was waaay out of line. Not exactly King Solomon the just!

So "I THINK" Stuart and Neil were pretty much up against it, especially at the start, but during the last 5 mins they fairly turned it around and began to score points big time. Stuart had apparently settled down and delivered a couple of good killer blows... "IN MY OPINION". This even precipated the 'judge' taking the unprecidented act of asking the claimant a question, albeit a soft one, and she did ask very politely even giggling a little at the end. This was in sharp contrast to her conduct towards Stuart which was verging on the "Are yi no gonny do thaa".

Neil looked reasonably comfortable when he joined in, presumably having had time to take stock of what was being dished out to Stuart, although his eyes did bug about a bit when the judge got silly on him and spoke over the top of him; for a minute I though he was considering punching her. I loved the "you must take into account THAT THIS SITE GETS ... E I G H T ... M I L L I O N ... H I T S ... A ... M O N T H". I almost expected to see a subtitle come up in flashing green text saying ADVERTISING FEATURE, LMAO!

"I THINK" that Stranded's Manager's voice started to crack during her post verdict interview.

I loved Stuart and Neil's:

YEAH EVERYONE SHOULD REALLY CHECK OUT THE SITE IT's REALLY GOOD

bit at the end.

Well done guys!

"I think" that Stranded's manager has either appeared on TV before or had the benefit of a training course. She addressed the camera in a very professional manner. Stuart in contrast looked as though he was experiencing that mental state known a 'fight or flee syndrome'. The worst thing about the programme was the 'judge' acting as a prosecutor' date=' that was waaay out of line. Not exactly King Solomon the just!

So "I THINK" Stuart and Neil were pretty much up against it, especially at the start, but during the last 5 mins they fairly turned it around and began to score points big time. Stuart had apparently settled down and delivered a couple of good killer blows... "IN MY OPINION". This even precipated the 'judge' taking the unprecidented act of asking the claimant a question, albeit a soft one, and she did ask very politely even giggling a little at the end. This was in sharp contrast to her conduct towards Stuart which was verging on the "Are yi no gonny do thaa".

Neil looked reasonably comfortable when he joined in, presumably having had time to take stock of what was being dished out to Stuart, although his eyes did bug about a bit when the judge got silly on him and spoke over the top of him; for a minute I though he was considering punching her. I loved the "you must take into account THAT THIS SITE GETS ... E I G H T ... M I L L I O N ... H I T S ... A ... M O N T H". I almost expected to see a subtitle come up in flashing green text saying ADVERTISING FEATURE, LMAO!

"I THINK" that Stranded's Manager's voice started to crack during her post verdict interview.

I loved Stuart and Neil's:

YEAH EVERYONE SHOULD REALLY CHECK OUT THE SITE IT's REALLY GOOD

bit at the end.

Well done guys![/quote']

We were warned before it was recorded that the judge would more than likely take her side over ours as she normally takes the claimants side and she also often favours women. There was a lot cut out from what I've seen (i havnet yet seen it) and literally the first 30 minutes were an all out attack on me, she wouldnt listen to anything, at the end we started to get somewhere, there wee some great moments cut out includiong her reasons for not asking Neil to deletethe thread where he went mad at her and called her a liar etc (which she was). I still think that things were missed out when they were important like the fact they were banned from the Lemon Tree which was where their whole case stemmed from.

The in my opinin bit to me was bizarre because it seemed like she just could understand that at all and to me it seemed common sense that just because you read something on a message board doesnt mean its fact - thou the comments about Stranded were fair ;) It was a very bizarre and very draining experience, we went from not caring if wewont to the minute she startedl ying etc and saying how jealous i was and how insignificant Aberdeen-music was and then Neil and I actually strated to care about winning the case - just to take the smirk off of the other managers face - although because i felt it was so biasly sklanted away from us that there was no chance of us winning. The fact that so many Aberdeen music people voted and the vote was so close means that the chances are we wouldnt have won without your support.

JTo give you an example of how I felt, during the break before they announced it as we werre being counted back in I turned to Neil and said 'we're fucked', we hadnt seen the edit but we had heard the comments made by the audience all of which said I was jealous of Stranded. The audience who watched the show seemed to be behind us, and even the judge said afterwards she felt we were going to win, and actually didnt speak to her after the case but came straight over to Neil and I to congratulate us and actually stated she would be scared to speak to Suzanne. It would seem even if we hadnt won we were the crew's favourites which was nice - we were most amused to discover we got a lovely breakfast etc and Suzanne didnt get the same deal which was nice ;)

It was an interesting experience, not one I would ever do again, we met some great people, our 'chaperone' Karen was really cool, and she was a lot of fun, and very nice, she told us some great stories about 'Wife Swap' etc. Our runner Kev who looked after us was a top bloke (Drummonds -Sunday night to see his band;)), the judge was cool, and actually very nice in real life (and there's definitely something nice about a woman with a gavel ;) ), most importantly a good chance to get to know our fuhrer, erm webmaster Neil, who is a top bloke and a good companion as well as giving us this great resource and supporting it to the hilt, he put up with me getting increasingly stressed.

The best moment was seeing her face when we won. the worst bit was possibly the ongoing attack i felt i was getting at the beginning, biggest disappointment was Neil not following through on his promise to throw a chair at Suzanne, shout 'Freeeeedom' and run out of the studio. Other funny moments included the researchers face light up when Neil suggested we cry if we lose, some great sandwiches, watching Suzanne leave the TV studio less than 5 minutes after filming ended, oh yeah and the fact the hotel had the playboy channel ;)

Cheers

Stuart

You were indeed beautifully dressed Neil. And I liked the way you mentioned how many users/hits/posts etc. Was all very entertaining.

I taped the show and am considering ripping it to my PC for anyone who is interested :)

Definatly, the nasty boss deamons wouldn't give me the morning off so i missed it, so once you get it ripped can you msg me or summit??

Yeh well done guys. I just watched it and she was really attacking you at the start. I mean what was that "if you are stating an opinion you have to put I THINK in front of it" bit all about. I love the way she didnt understand the concept of forums as well and she didnt really argue her point. And 859 QUID as well WTF.

Anyway well done guys

Guest Bob Double Jack

i haven't seen it but was it just their manager that was representing them, or were any of the band present? Congrats on winning by the way - how petty can you be?

i haven't seen it but was it just their manager that was representing them' date=' or were any of the band present? Congrats on winning by the way - how petty can you be?[/quote']

it was just their manager that was representing them. the band had 'day jobs' according to her, which is why they weren't there. either that or they didn't want to get shit for being on tv. i dunno.

Guest Bob Double Jack
the band had 'day jobs' according to her.

Going by some of the posts here, I can't see them giving up these in the near future!!!!

:D

Guest pop-notmyface

it was great, i had seen Neil before, but didnt know it was actually him... the case before that was really funny though!