aberdeen-music

The results are in and the winner is...

Neil

Stuart and myself are now back in Aberdeen and yeah, it looks like we were victorious. :D

Many, many thanks once again to everyone for sending me comments and feedback for the evidence (which we never got the opportunity to use in the end) and, most importantly, for voting. The vote was close (55% swing our way) and so I'm convinced that without the votes from you all we would have simply lost. For that, both myself and Stuart are fantastically grateful.

Initial signs are that aberdeen-music.com has come out well from this ordeal (it really did feel like that at times!). I won't know the site statistics until tomorrow but I think it's going to be a record breaker. This morning alone there were 25 new registrations and a peak of around 220 people on the web site at one time. And yes, please accept my apologies as both the web server and database ran out of open connections thus making it impossible to connect to the web site for short periods of time. This surprised even me and I'll be speaking to my web hosts to see what we can do about that to avoid it happening in the future (yeah, like there will ever be a scenario like this again!).

Many thanks also to the staff at SMG who looked after Stuart and myself. We were made to feel very comfortable and relaxed despite the madness going on around us!

As mentioned in the last announcement, both Stuart and myself will be out celebrating tonight at The Bassment and then probably Moshulu. So if any of you want to pop along and join us then please do!

Guest Zeenat Aman

You both came across well, if a little nervous. Congratulations on the victory. :)

ps: It appears that the Stranded site is no more.

I have just watched it - i'm proud to be a member of aberdeen-music.com!:music:

well done both of you - you came across so much better than that woman, it wasnt exactly hard thought.

I THINK...she is a uptight bint - with an ug-face!

...and I THINK Neil looks cute in a suit - shame i'm a guy - id prob chat him up in bassment tonight...?(

*StewCat puts his coat on*

Many thanks also to the staff at SMG who looked after Stuart and myself. We were made to feel very comfortable and relaxed despite the madness going on around us!

This also reminds me, one of the guys who looked after us so well was called Kevin, a top bloke and brought us a great lunch ;) He is also a musician and will be playing in Drummonds next Sunday, apparently they're very beach boys-esque and people should go along to check them out :)

Hope to see you tonight,

Cheers

Stuart

I thought Stuart and Neil both portrayed themselves, and the website, well on the show - despite the judge's obvious obliviousness in regards to forums... she sounded like my mum at times ("Fa are ye spikkin til?" "No one! Do you have to be addressing someone in particular if you post a letter to the P&J?"). And hopefully Stranded will live up to their name in regards to getting anywhere with their music.

Just a thought - if the vote HAD swung the other way, would Stuart have been legally obliged to pay the 834.79 or whatever it was? (I like the way she put the 79p at the end, as if that made it sound any more realistic...)

I'm assuming that the two judges wouldn't be allowed to call themselves QCs if they weren't actual lawyers, but I'm also thinking that there's no way you can have a proper, legally binding court case on a TV show, and that any "awards" made are just up to the conscience of the defendant?

'Twas indeed a top knotch piece of viewing, so good that i sent 3 txts in an attempt to swing the vote. Well done Mr Johnson and the Jest. I think the high price tag on the case, as hoped for by the stranded manager, really showed what the bands real intentions were.

Hope there's an influx of new, interesting members that can contribute to the forums. I also hope that the stranded band feel the consequences of such a piss-poor publicity stunt.

Just a thought - if the vote HAD swung the other way' date=' would Stuart have been legally obliged to pay the 834.79 or whatever it was? (I like the way she put the 79p at the end, as if that made it sound any more realistic...)

[/quote']

No, if they had won then SMG would have paid that amount - certainly not Stuart or aberdeen-music.com.

I thought Stuart and Neil both portrayed themselves' date=' and the website, well on the show - despite the judge's obvious obliviousness in regards to forums... she sounded like my mum at times ("Fa are ye spikkin til?" "No one! Do you have to be addressing someone in particular if you post a letter to the P&J?"). [/quote']

my thoughts exactly ....only i was too lazy to describe it in my own post.......i couldn't believe how naive or how just plain ignorant she seemed about the way a site like this worked.......that made it impossible for her to be a good judge in the case 0_o