aberdeen-music

Questions for Arab Strap....?

RossP

you should ask yourself then "why is my musical taste so narrow' date=' I havnae heard of one of scotlands best bands in years " ?

back to your blink 134 and eye liner...

(he he)[/quote']

a) I don't like Blink 134 whoever the fuck they are (meant to be Blink 182 I assume)

b) I don't wear eyeliner

c) Yes, I do have a narrowminded music taste, I like Power Metal, and that suits me fine.

d) I say again, who the fuck are these kilt-klad numpties ??

Guest Ancient Mariner

1)When are they going to cover "Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel

2)When did Aiden Moffat decide he would try and sing, rather than speak (as he used to do)

3)Do they still live in Falkirk. If not, do they ever visit, and is it full of painful memories

4)Why hasn't Malcolm Middleton released his reinterpretation of "Only Love Can Set You Free" by Gina G

5)Were they inspired to start reinterpretating old heavy metal classics after a heckler at their last Kef gig called for "Ace of Spades" (they may have already done "You Shook Me All Night Long" by this point, I'm not sure)

6)How many diiferent female subjects for their songs do they have

7)Is the sample at the end of "The Red Thread" from a real answering machine message

8]Why did they decide to stop rocking out, and instead took a softer approach, employing a violinist and a celloist

9)Do they still run Chemikal Underground

10)Why were some of the songs on the Quiet Violence sampler later (and much later) used on "Monaday At The Hug and Pint"

1)When are they going to cover "Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel

2)When did Aiden Moffat decide he would try and sing' date=' rather than speak (as he used to do)

3)Do they still live in Falkirk. If not, do they ever visit, and is it full of painful memories

4)Why hasn't Malcolm Middleton released his reinterpretation of "Only Love Can Set You Free" by Gina G

[b']5)Were they inspired to start reinterpretating old heavy metal classics after a heckler at their last Kef gig called for "Ace of Spades" (they may have already done "You Shook Me All Night Long" by this point, I'm not sure)6)How many diiferent female subjects for their songs do they have

7)Is the sample at the end of "The Red Thread" from a real answering machine message

8]Why did they decide to stop rocking out, and instead took a softer approach, employing a violinist and a celloist

9)Do they still run Chemikal Underground

10)Why were some of the songs on the Quiet Violence sampler later (and much later) used on "Monaday At The Hug and Pint"

They had. And I believe the now live in Glasgow. Ask them if Loch Leven is really about dogging.

• 2 weeks later...

5)Were they inspired to start reinterpretating old heavy metal classics after a heckler at their last Kef gig called for "Ace of Spades" (they may have already done "You Shook Me All Night Long" by this point' date=' I'm not sure)[/quote']

Ha ha! I was that heckler!

They had played "You shook me all night long" at that point & Aiden asked if anyone had a request - I shouted "ace of spades", someone up front then shouted "paranoid" and, finally, someone else shouted "girlfriend in a coma". at which point aiden pissed himself laughing!

they then played "love walks in" by van halen!!!

Ha ha! I was that heckler!

They had played "You shook me all night long" at that point & Aiden asked if anyone had a request - I shouted "ace of spades"' date=' someone up front then shouted "paranoid" and, finally, someone else shouted "girlfriend in a coma". at which point aiden pissed himself laughing!

they then played "love walks in" by van halen!!![/quote']

Ha ha i was standing right next to you then. You shouted it twice because you didn't get a reaction like the other requests did!