aberdeen-music

Best punk bands in Scotland?

kirkt

Wirelessly posted (Nokia7210/1.0 (4.74) Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

I'm sure The 44's and Misled Youth will live up to my expectations of them live. Based on the mp3 recently[ish] posted by Powdermonkey they'll be pretty damn entertaining aussi.

I'll go for Filthpact' date=' Atomgevitter, Karloff, Shatterhand and Swellbellys methinks if I'm allowed to include my own interpretation of punk. ;)

I have a hit and miss liking for The Declined live and was impressed with Mutley at the GFN? gig they played recently as a side note.[/quote']

Ah, but are we really punk...? :p *re-ignites old Karloff debate*

My current faves:

The Fight Back - ACE hardcore like Dag Nasty meets Bane from Falkirk. Check em out supporting Terror in Glasgow soon (the bastards).

Atomgevitter - The most captivating frontman in Scotland?

Shatterhand - Great street punk band. The guitarist is amazing - he plays a right-handed guitar upside down, without re-stringing it. The chords he uses are so good.

The 44s - Such a fantastic blend of genres. I'm sure they'll fulfill they're potential.

Quik - The best band in Aberdeen, especially with Contra on hiatus.

Also worth a mention: Divide, Engage, Swellbellies.

how dare anybody say that dirtbox are the best punk band in scotland

that is a fucking joke.

1. they are not punk

2. they are fucking shite

Better than anything I've ever witnessed you be a part of mr stirrer of the shite. But hey, more than 3 people have heard of them, you can't like them ;)

Better than anything I've ever witnessed you be a part of mr stirrer of the shite. But hey' date=' more than 3 people have heard of them, you can't like them ;)[/quote']

Listening to:

eska, senator, laeto, alamos, fu manchu, oceansize, envy, explosions in the sky, drive like jehu, cat on form, shellac, interpol, mogwai, biffy clyro, the killers, seafood, oxes, mercury tilt switch, macrocosmica, mission of burma, pelican

Underground bastard that he is ;)

Guest stuartmaxwell
Better than anything I've ever witnessed you be a part of mr stirrer of the shite.

why should that matter' date=' does it mean that i am not qualified to comment on a band because you havent heard anything that i am doing?

But hey, more than 3 people have heard of them, you can't like them ;)

thats bollocks. i listen to lots of different genres of music, regardless of whether its successful or not. you will often see me throwing shapes to most of the tunes in exodus on a saturday etc

stay cool kids, support the scene

how dare anybody say that dirtbox are the best punk band in scotland

that is a fucking joke.

1. they are not punk

2. they are fucking shite

1) I love what is punk debates but can't be assed today.

2) They may not be original by any means, but they play catchy songs and are pretty tight.

Plus they supported Strung Out, which obviously gives them mega brownie points :D

• 3 months later...