aberdeen-music

Best punk bands in Scotland?

kirkt

I think this thread has gone on before but who do you think are the best punk bands in Scotland today? Mine are:

1.The Declined: tell me their not the catchiest pop punk band in scotland today after listenin to their CD...go on...I dare you! everytime i see them ive got a stupid grin on my face cos their music just makes me happy

2.Misled Youth: melodic hardcore with ska breakdowns...its just totally my kind of music. They should be massive.

3. Atomgevitter: Atomic in yer face hardcore. Roddys best outfit yet.

4. Swellbellys: Sing-a-long hardcore/street punk at its finest

5. Shatterhand: Ace, melodic hardcore...like a faster Leatherface, with some top Husker Du style guitar lines. They'll drink you under the table too.

other bands up there (from top of my head): Engage, The Fight Back, Tauntra ( i think their scottish anyway), Mutley, Captain Kate, Barefoot, Filthpact, State if Affairs, Quik

I've still yet to see Today We Fight, The 44s and Social Insecurity, but ive got a good feeling bout all those bands

I've still yet to see Today We Fight' date=' The 44s [/quote']

funny you should say that....

The 44s + Today We Fight + Guests....31st may, bar bloc glasgow. :)

sorry for the shameless hijacking.

my fav scottish punk band is Contra by a long way. Awesome songs and tight as hell. lets hope they come back soon.

All my fave Scottish punk bands have either broken up' date=' or I'm too ashamed to say I once liked them (ahem)

Best have included Scatha, Quarantine, Newtown Grunts, Oi Polloi, Bloodshot! "and whether you like it or not" Eradicate :D[/quote']

if i mentioned all bands i really liked, defunct ones as well, id have to include Disaffect, Sedition, Scatha, Oi Polloi, The Process, Fastard, Social Insecurity, Afterbirth, EatYerGreens, The Fighting Cougars and Ruptured Spleen. But my fav are Atomgevitter.

I'm sure The 44's and Misled Youth will live up to my expectations of them live. Based on the mp3 recently[ish] posted by Powdermonkey they'll be pretty damn entertaining aussi.

I'll go for Filthpact, Atomgevitter, Karloff, Shatterhand and Swellbellys methinks if I'm allowed to include my own interpretation of punk. ;)

I have a hit and miss liking for The Declined live and was impressed with Mutley at the GFN? gig they played recently as a side note.

if i mentioned all bands i really liked' date=' defunct ones as well, id have to include Disaffect, Sedition, Scatha, Oi Polloi, The Process, Fastard, Social Insecurity, Afterbirth, EatYerGreens, The Fighting Cougars and Ruptured Spleen. But my fav are Atomgevitter.[/quote']

Oi Polloi? Defunct?

yeah...what with ben introducing me to the delights of kreator and all the metalcore bands he is into then expect some power-thrash post metal core assault going on. We will make my minds weapon sound like mcfly.... ;)

yeah...what with ben introducing me to the delights of kreator and all the metalcore bands he is into then expect some power-thrash post metal core assault going on. We will make my minds weapon sound like mcfly.... ;)

I'm sure Alex will be....delighted :p