bad driving thread

Guest Tam o' Shantie

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dipshit drivers...

:

i hate it when people drive incredibly slowly' date=' then speed up like a bastard the minute you try to overtake them. today i was driving along the country roads to dyce and some twat was doing about 45mph in front of me for 10 freaking minutes. once i got onto a big stretch i decided to overtake the dude, and went up to 75 (that's on a 60 mph zone!!!!!!!!!!) before giving up because the dickhead was matching my speed and i was heading towards a junction! the instant i pull back he drops down to 45! :[/quote']

My favourite dipshit driver is one of the most common in aberdeen...the one speed driver...

dyce to BOD road is mostly 60 mph....but the one speed dipshit driver drives at 40 to 45 mph through the 60...thus holding everybody up....and then drives trough the built up area (including an ol'folx home and school) at...you guessed it 45 mph....thus presenting themselves as a hazard to all and sundry....fucking marvellous!

I use my other car (Pug) for my drives' date=' But we are doing the overtaking stuff tomorrow so gonna bring out the beast :D[/quote']

I never once got to do a single carridgeway over take on an observe drive...not that its always possible whilst driving within the speed limit. I always believe its better to go beyond the speed limit on an over take when required...far safer passing at say 75 than 60. Certainly a point that I discussed with numerous people...but for purposes of IAM passing someone driving at 50 was made rather difficult.

Guest MarkJDelaney
a mate of mine has a fantastic tendancy to slow down to about 10 mph when someone is right up his arse to teach them a lesson.

When someone's on my ass' date=' I like to slow right down too. Then funking GUN IT! Leave them behind in the dust of my VeeDub. This works like 8 times out of 10 until the driver behind is on the ball and knows what I'm doing.

Remember courtesy is a great factor in road safety...

You're right there. I like to think I'm a pretty courteous driver too, although there's a fine line between being courteous and stupid. I've seen plenty examples of people being way too kind when in fact all they're really doing is holding up traffic and causing unnecessary congestion... and congestion and traffic doesn't bode well with me. I'm extremely impatient when it comes to traffic - I've really got to get stress-squeezible-steering wheel.

Some of my hates include:

1) Drivers who do not indicate or simply make you guess into which lane they are going into and leaving - typically drivers who take up both lanes in a junction.

2) Drivers who sit in the fast lane doing X speed, below the limit with the inside lane lying empty completely un-aware of me behind them waiting to get by.

3) Drivers who don't have any sort of lighting on in bad condintions, and in generally dull daylight going into dusk.

4) ANYONE using a mobile phone or smoking a cigarette whilst driving - it's irresponsible and you're driving without due care and attention.

5) Drivers who sit right up your ass, especially in residential areas where a limit is very important. I can understand more the people on dual carriageways and motorways wanting to cruise at 80-90mph. I feel a little guilty of this point however, as I do the latter of them both. Residential speeds, 30/40 etc I try and stick to religiously... dual/motorways I almost always ride above 70mph.

6) I hate the drivers' passengers who like to have a good look at you as they pass in the fast lane, unless of course they're checkin' out my ride! Then I don't have a problem. Admitidly this isn't a driving problem, but a point I had to mention none the less!

I've just remembered one of my biggest driving annoyances: driving along Carden Place. You can almost GUARANTEE that you'll be waiting in a queue at the lights to go straight ahead, and someone will decide to be an utter CUNT and zoom straight into the lane beside you. This can be either left or right, although usually the right hand lane.

This is bad enough in itself - the twat is obviously going to have succeeded in jumping a few cars. But what makes it WORSE is when I'm not the first person in the queue, and whatever idiot is in front of me LET'S the twat get away first.

HE'S JUMPED THE QUEUE! DON'T LET HIM PAST, YOU FOOL!

I've thought for a long time that the main reason there are so many shit/arrogant drivers out there is because of two facts:

1) Driving is seen as a right, not a privilige. I took 5 attempts to pass my test. That bint off Driving School took 18 or something. Should there perhaps be a limit on the number of times you take the test, or at the very least a limit on how quickly you can take it again? Although this would possibly lead to a lot of folk just driving without a licence.

2) You get taught how to pass the driving test - you don't get taught how to drive. Important difference I think. Did anyone here NOT completely ignore the "push and pull" steering method the second they drove away from the test centre? Does anyone else tend to drive with just one hand most of the time? And overtaking is not a requirement on the test - in fact duel carriageway driving as a whole is not a requirement, I believe. I personally didn't do any overtaking until I did Pass Plus, and when I did, it was pissing down, which brings me to another point: you don't get taught how to drive in shit weather. Obviously nobody can control the elements, but surely there would be some way of simulating it at test centres or something?

But obviously that would require the Government to spend money on teaching folk to drive better as opposed to speed cameras. And the police wouldn't want that. I would also like compulsory retesting every few years, particularly with the eldery - a doctors note saying "yes, Elsie's able to walk... just don't ask about her reaction speed or eye sight LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!" isn't particularly useful.

However, I think as a start they could make sure EVERYONE is tested on EVERYTHING - I would have passed first time if I hadn't fucked up on a roundabout on the way back to Clunie Place, and i dread to think what would have happened if I had, because I was almost clueless in regards to roundabouts. And to this day I can't parallel park for shit - which isn't helped by the fact that IF you parallel park in the exam you get 2 car lengths to do it. Who the fuck NEEDS to parallel park within 2 car lengths? How about getting you to park in ONE car length - a much more useful skill.

Apologies for the size of the rant, but I needed to vent my spleen.

5) . Residential speeds' date=' 30/40 etc I try and stick to religiously... dual/motorways I almost always ride above 70mph.

[/quote']

this really bugs me whenever i go home to visit my mum, whenever we're on the motorways and i drive over 70, she complains that i'm speeding and will lose my license, blah blah, but like you i always mae sure i'm at or under the limit in built up areas.

my mum however drives about 60-65mph on motorways, but always goes like 5mph over the limit in town areas, it pisses me off so much, especially as she refuses to acknowledge that she is being hypocritical, and that her speeding in town is much worse than me speeding on motorways. grr.

and i kind of suck at parallel parking as well, simply because i never need to do it, or at least i avoid it unless it's absolutely necessary. takes me like 5 minutes until i'm satisfied i've got it done perfectly. i think i've parallel parked maybe once that i can remember in the last 6 months.

I totally agree, it is soo much worse speeding in a residential area, even if you are 5mph over the speed limit - this much over literally means life of death. I think I saw the advert where at 35mph/40mph or something, most pedestrians will die if hit, whereas at 30mph most will live if hit.

It's 30mph for a fucking good reason, it's not worth speeding in residential zones at all..

However, speed cameras on dual carriageways don't go off until 83mph and police wouldn't bother with someone goign 75mph (I've seen people happily overtake police cars goign 70mph with the overtakers going like 75mph - i personally wouldn't haha...)

The point is at that speed it doesn't matter. If you crash 70mph or 80mph your gonna fuck some shit up either way... unelss you are going stupid speeds like 90mph +....

That's all for now

I'm amazing at parallel parking. Oh yeh!

A few years ago my Auntie Phyllis (can't spell her name, nevermind) announced to my mum that she would not be renewing her license. When my mum asked what license that was, she replied "my driving license."

Disturbing as it may seem, this 80-something year old lady with Alzheimer's and minimal vision, still held a driving license despite NEVER having driven a car in her life. Apparently they handed them out during the war so women could drive tractors or something like that. That's pretty scary to think that she could legally have been unsupervised on the roads.

It might be a good idea to make complusory resits of the driving test every say...10 years, and every 2 years after the age of 60...or something like that?

Guest MarkJDelaney

Very many people over 60 would find it hard to pay for a driving test every two years, so this would have to be funded by the government - which I cannot see happening.

Do you know the real reason why there is a 70mph limit on motorways?? It has nothing to do with safety. Basically when there was the Oil crisis in the 60s they thought it would be a good idea to put the limit at 70 for fuel usage reasons, less speed better economy.. And now they are trying to twist it in to speed kills! Which we all know is not true. Irresponsible driving, lack of observation, bad use of speed, that is what causes the accidents not the speed as such.

I dont know about the practicalitys of it, but i think people should not be allowed to pass without first driving with a car full of people.

Think about it, when someone (normally teenagers) pass their test, first thing they do is pile the car full of their mates and go cruising etc... the car handles diffrently full of people

a few years ago, up in Caithness, a guy (17 or 18) passed his test. he went out spinning with his mates. he went to a popular spot for spinners, you know, hare it up down the track etc..

he lost control and went off the cliff. they never recoverd all the bodies.

other factors will have contrubited yes, but it was believed he couldnt handle the car with all the people in it. quite sad really, poor family.

Guest MarkJDelaney
Do you know the real reason why there is a 70mph limit on motorways?? It has nothing to do with safety. Basically when there was the Oil crisis in the 60s they thought it would be a good idea to put the limit at 70 for fuel usage reasons' date=' less speed better economy.. And now they are trying to twist it in to speed kills! Which we all know is not true. Irresponsible driving, lack of observation, bad use of speed, that is what causes the accidents not the speed as such.[/quote']

Nope.

The reason we have speed limits on dual carriageways and motorways was because of the birth of that little known muscle car - the AC Cobra and their V8s. In the 60s, AC regularly tested their latest vehicle on the, at that time, un-restricted M1 at speeds of up to 180mph. News reporters soon caught hold of this and needless to say the Minister of Transport soon found out also.

I think with regards to the majoirty of peoples skill behind the wheel 70mph is a fine limit to have...and in same cases probably too high. A lot of people don't seem to adapt their speed to conditions.

A few weeks ago it was foggy on the dual carridgeway. So I dropped to 60...then to 50...and eventually running along at 45. Though for some reason, although visability was about 50 meters at best, people continued to romp by at 70. Now say its pouring down with rain...how many people drop back beyond the 4 second rule...or in some cases even manage the 2 second rule?

I'm all for a little use of speed at say 1am driving home in clear conditions or when doing an overtaking manouver. Like DD I stick to residential speed limits but I will be the first to admit that when conditions permit and I think its required speeds can creep up...though saying that always in double figures that is for damn sure! Save 100+ for when I get into racing!

possibly THE most annoying thing i've come across on the road is when you're stuck behind a stereotypical slow OAP at a roundabout... people who don't indicate are also a nightmare! and i totally agree with whoever commented on the bon accord lights! (although i'm now looking at it from a pedestrian point of view!)

Guest Neubeatz
Idiot. You deserved to die at that speed - unless you were racing on a proper track or something.

If you were on a public road at that speed you are a fucking moron

Use your PM button for that kind of statement ;)

I do that. It never works though.

I've recently been trying to make it look like I'm about to screech to a halt' date=' but I've yet to perfect that one. I think I would need a car with considerably better acceleration than a Fiesta to pull it off properly, otherwise they probably WOULD actually smash through my window.[/quote']

the trick is to let them get really close and then stick on your rear fog lights, the couple of seconds while they think it's your brake lights is priceless to watch in your rear view mirror.

Alternatively, keep accelerating and just dab the brakes with your left foot works too...

the trick is to let them get really close and then stick on your rear fog lights' date=' the couple of seconds while they think it's your brake lights is priceless to watch in your rear view mirror.

Alternatively, keep accelerating and just dab the brakes with your left foot works too...[/quote']

Ah that reminds me, I had this woman who had grey hair (so I don't know why the fuck she was speeding, surely should have been old enough to know better?) who was RIGHT up my arse, so I stuck on my rear fog lights, and she went fucking MENTAL! I then pulled into the left and let her zoom ahead, probably to her impending death or something.

Served her right like.

Hmmm, the more I post on this thread, the more I realise what a bitter person I am.

Nope.

The reason we have speed limits on dual carriageways and motorways was because of the birth of that little known muscle car - the AC Cobra and their V8s. In the 60s' date=' AC regularly tested their latest vehicle on the, at that time, un-restricted M1 at speeds of up to 180mph. News reporters soon caught hold of this and needless to say the Minister of Transport soon found out also.[/quote']

Nope, that was an excuse, I was told by someone who was in the force for quite a while.