aberdeen-music

bad driving thread

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

hey dudes, i'm 100% certain that nobody else has evre done a thread about other dickheads bad driving habits, so here's your chance to contribute:

i hate it when people drive incredibly slowly, then speed up like a bastard the minute you try to overtake them. today i was driving along the country roads to dyce and some twat was doing about 45mph in front of me for 10 freaking minutes. once i got onto a big stretch i decided to overtake the dude, and went up to 75 (that's on a 60 mph zone!!!!!!!!!!) before giving up because the dickhead was matching my speed and i was heading towards a junction! the instant i pull back he drops down to 45!

what's the deal with this phenominon? the guy's too proud to get overtaken by me but too much of a retard not to drive at 15mph under the limit? cunt! :nono:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i swear i have roadrage, bad baaaad roadrage

i get angry at people driving ON the speed limit, especially late at night when everybody knows its only polite to zooom around a little, then i overtake

oh the rush,

too impatient i swear, dammit!

It's all about the focus, inhale, exhale, etc.

Yes, good thread.

1. The cunts that stay in the outside lane all the way back to Westhill at 60mph because they know in 5 minutes they will be turning right at the roundabout. GET OUT OF THE FUCKING WAY!

2. People who think its fun to squeeze past you when a car is parked on their side of the road and give you a sort of "lol, close ay? :D" look. DON'T FUCKING DO THAT!

these ones aren't about other drivers as such, but are worth a mention

1. Old Ladies that start crossing the road when their little green man goes...and are still going when my green light is on. GET OUT OF THE FUCKING WAY!

2. People who get out your car when you've stopped to straighted up to park. DON'T FUCKING DO THAT!

thats all for just this minute.

The thing that pisses me off most is folk who use the right hand lane to go straight ahead at a roundabout. It's fucking arrogant. "I'm so much more important than all you people so I'm not going to queue."

In that situation, I go straight ahead too (even if I wasn't going to) and undertake them on the roundabout, slow RIIIIIGHT down, and then zoom off. Occasionally I'll give them the finger.

Queen's Road/Anderson Drive roundabout is the WORST for that. And I hate folk who indicate right on the mini Broomhill/Holburn roundabout when they're actually going straight ahead (ie from the Holburn roundabout to Broomhill Road).

I've always meant to invent flip-up signs for car backwindows with things such as "Use the correct lane you cunt", "Did you actually bother to read the Highway Code before you sat your driving test twatface?" and "I'll let you past as soon as you stop driving RIGHT up my arse, you fuck".

The thing that pisses me off most is folk who use the right hand lane to go straight ahead at a roundabout. It's fucking arrogant. "I'm so much more important than all you people so I'm not going to queue."

but, sometimes people end up in the wrong lanes purely by accident...perhaps they arent concentrating enough, or singing loudly to good music :rolleyes:

2. People who think its fun to squeeze past you when a car is parked on their side of the road and give you a sort of "lol' date=' close ay? :D" look. DON'T FUCKING DO THAT![/quote']

Folk who cheekily nip onto the roundabout while you're driving round it and stare at you, as if it's going to stop you crashing into them... they piss me off too.

I usually speed up in that situation. They shit themselves. Lovely stuff.

hey dudes' date=' i'm 100% certain that nobody else has evre done a thread about other dickheads bad driving habits, so here's your chance to contribute:

i hate it when people drive incredibly slowly, then speed up like a bastard the minute you try to overtake them. today i was driving along the country roads to dyce and some twat was doing about 45mph in front of me for 10 freaking minutes. once i got onto a big stretch i decided to overtake the dude, and went up to 75 (that's on a 60 mph zone!!!!!!!!!!) before giving up because the dickhead was matching my speed and i was heading towards a junction! the instant i pull back he drops down to 45!

what's the deal with this phenominon? the guy's too proud to get overtaken by me but too much of a retard not to drive at 15mph under the limit? cunt! :nono:[/quote']

My god, I agree with you!

Surely there should be a law for people who drive too slow?

a mate of mine has a fantastic tendancy to slow down to about 10 mph when someone is right up his arse to teach them a lesson.

I do that. It never works though.

I've recently been trying to make it look like I'm about to screech to a halt, but I've yet to perfect that one. I think I would need a car with considerably better acceleration than a Fiesta to pull it off properly, otherwise they probably WOULD actually smash through my window.

hammer of intense evil i think you sound more like an annoying driver

people who purposely do things to annoy other drivers are just silly' date=' and they should stop at once

nae cool

boys with their stupid toys, should be shot[/quote']

Grrr! I'll smash you like a nail!! :p

I may SOUND like a bad driver, but I'm not. I just try to enforce the rules of the road. I only do these things to deserving people (usually cunts in shirts and ties with their BMW ZX3576834736, talking on their fucking mobile at the time).

If I see someone who is trying to get into my lane I'll let them infront of me (unless they've blatently just skipped the queue)... unlike many people I never block exits in queues... I don't drive up people's arses, even if they are going stupidly slow - I just wait for an opportunity to overtake them safely... I always indicate... And I NEVER use the right hand lane to go straight ahead on a roundabout, unless it specifically tells you to.

I like to think of myself as a guerilla road traffic police. Or something.

I do that. It never works though.

It does if you time it exactly right and jump on the brake pedal. Used to do that all the time to scare the shit of neds in their souped-up Saxos, but now I have a good car, so don't want to risk it (note: if someone rearends you, it automatically comes off *their* insurance, as it shows they were not paying enough attention).

Today I was sitting at lights, which turned green. I stayed there. The bloke behind me tooted his horn and waved his arms at me. Seemingly some people are incapable of seeing a fire engine with lights blazing coming from an angle of more than 20 degrees from straight ahead.

But *THE* most annoying drivers on the road are...everyone that isn't me.

It does if you time it exactly right and jump on the brake pedal. Used to do that all the time to scare the shit of neds in their souped-up Saxos' date=' but now I have a good car, so don't want to risk it (note: if someone rearends you, it automatically comes off *their* insurance, as it shows they were not paying enough attention).

Today I was sitting at lights, which turned green. I stayed there. The bloke behind me tooted his horn and waved his arms at me. Seemingly some people are incapable of seeing a fire engine with lights blazing coming from an angle of more than 20 degrees from straight ahead.

But *THE* most annoying drivers on the road are...everyone that isn't me.[/quote']

Interesting... I wondered if that would be the case, or if it would be construed as dangerous driving if you've slammed on the brakes for no real reason.

My driving instructor (Jim Porter - sound guy) always used to say: "Remember, everyone else on the road is an idiot."

the one thing that really annys me is on motorways or duel carriageways when you go to overtake a line of cars but theres maybe a car or two in front overtaking as well doing exactly the speed limit - that doesn't bother me, i give them enough space and don't get all arsey about it - what bothers me is the fuckwit behind me who always decides it's a great idea to drive right up my arse as if that'll somehow magically shift the 3 cars in front that are doing 70mph.

recently i had someone drive right up behind me, then when the car in front of me moved into the left lane, i sped up a bit withthe intention of pulling into the left once i felt i was far enough past the car that had just pulled over, but that wasn't enough for driving-right-up-my-arse-man, as soon as there was a car's length between me and the car i'd over taken he pulled into the left lane, cutting off that car with the intention of undertaking me. just to show him what i thought of his driving (and also to show him what a shit car he had) i waited for him to get slightly ahead of me then accelerated right past him, leaving him to have to brake for the lorry he was about to rear-end.

the one thing that really annys me is on motorways or duel carriageways when you go to overtake a line of cars but theres maybe a car or two in front overtaking as well doing exactly the speed limit - that doesn't bother me' date=' i give them enough space and don't get all arsey about it - what bothers me is the fuckwit behind me who always decides it's a great idea to drive right up my arse as if that'll somehow magically shift the 3 cars in front that are doing 70mph.

recently i had someone drive right up behind me, then when the car in front of me moved into the left lane, i sped up a bit withthe intention of pulling into the left once i felt i was far enough past the car that had just pulled over, but that wasn't enough for driving-right-up-my-arse-man, as soon as there was a car's length between me and the car i'd over taken he pulled into the left lane, cutting off that car with the intention of undertaking me. just to show him what i thought of his driving (and also to show him what a shit car he had) i waited for him to get slightly ahead of me then accelerated right past him, leaving him to have to brake for the lorry he was about to rear-end.[/quote']

I had some guy like that behind me on the way to Dundee the other day. He pulled into the left hand lane, obviously about to try and undertake me, only to realise that the reason I was going at 65 MPH was because the 80000000 cars in front of me were doing the same speed.

Stupid cunt lost his place as well when he rejoined the "fast" lane. Ha!

Queen's Road/Anderson Drive roundabout is the WORST for that.

Anderson drive is a dual carriageway, they're allowed to go straight on from the right hand lane. So the road markings say anyway.

Personally I hate people who are impatient. Was sitting at the top of hutcheon street the other day waiting to turn onto berryden road and I misjudged how long it was going to take a car coming in the opposite direction to reach me. Easy mistake to make but the guy behind me in his 4x4 starting honking at me. despite the fact that even if I had moved he'd have had to wait for the car to pass. So once it passed and we both turned onto berryden I stayed at 20 mph just to annoy him even further (hadn't had the best day at work and was in no mood for arseholes), then when he tried to overtake me I sped up. But his car was more powerful and he went past me anyway, all the while with my middle finger pointing at his rear view mirror.

I don't normally do that kind of thing but this guy really was a dick.

My real pet hate though is people undertaking on the dual carriageway. I was overtaking a truck just before bridge of muchalls once and this guy came right up behind me and started flashing his lights. Tough shit I thought, I was doing 80 anyway so he can just fucking wait. Instead he jumped into the inside lane and squeezed between me and the truck before speeding off. wanker.