aberdeen-music

Nellcote - full throttle

headradio

I'm a member of NELLCOTE, some of you may have heard of us, but the likelihood is you wont have!! We're relatively new on the scene, but have been playing together for around 18 months and ave played a number of gigs in and around Aberdeen. We believe firmly that the potentials there to be one of the biggest band in Aberdeen? Or maybe ours and other people's faith has been misguided!???

Check out www.nellcote.co.uk, , make up your own mind

any feedback or comments (constructive!!) are welcome. If you like wot you hear, come see us at the malt mill on saturday 23rd April, supporting the viper lines.

well, there's certainly lots of information on the website, kind of liked the picture on the front too, different if nothing else. not sure if you are looking for a record contract or anything, but if you are, then get rid of that bio/bandography thing, because it's a total joke, i.e.

- what your band name turns up in search engines - who cares? stick to the music

- comparing the vocalist to robert plant? he doesn't even come close!

- the music is hardly groundbreaking and is unlikely to revitalise the industry

on the upside, two of the songs, "rockabilly" and "i hate you" are recorded pretty well, good enough to send off if that's what you want to do with them. not sure about the last one, seems a bit of a poor demo quality to me.

i really don't like this kind of music, but that's just my personal taste. the songs are really quite generic, there doesn't sound like anything in there that hasn't been done by other stones influenced bands (even locally, i.e. moneyshot/wildcards).

i actually saw you guys play at lava at the start of march, set was ok. again, didn't really like the music, but the performance was ok. you really did seem like a stones wannabe band though (not trying to insult, just going on sounds and appearances).

to be honest, you really sound like a drummonds sort of band, i'm surprised you haven't played a gig there yet, you're just eric's (owner) cup of tea for friday and saturday nights, i would imagine.

i can't imagine you appealing to the bulk of the crowd on this website, but you never know. as you'll find out soon enough i'm sure, it's most useful purpose is as a haphazard gig guide, anything after that is really a bonus.

Cheers for the feedback, soundchecker, much appreciated.

I agree about that bandography thing, it is a bit pretentious, that bit had nothing to do with me, I thought it shouldnt be there, but majority rules and all that!!

Those songs on the website are actually quite dated now, we've got some new material thats just as good if not better, and trying to get away from that whole stones pigeon-hole thing, which quite a few people have noticed.

yeah, we hand out them badges all the time when we're out playing a gig, or out getting steamin, i think they're touch of class, wear it with pride!!

Just wanna say also the gig at the malt mill last night went superb, the crowd were really responsive, which was great. The Viper lines were also magic, top blokes!! :D

I downloaded I hate you...sounded sort of country/rockabily at the start. Certainly energetic. Not my thing though so I am not going to download anymore/go into great detail. I think you've got the potential to be an interesting live band at least.