aberdeen-music

Awesome Ear Plugs

jonty84

For anyone who has problems getting decent ear plugs for either practice or gigs, your days of worrying for your 'aural' health are over.

Recently I managed to get a pair of 'Gunfenders' in a shop in Belfast, these are earplugs obviously designed for shooting, but they work extremely well in both practice and in gigs. In my experience really good ones cost 15/20 and the cheap foam ones just cut out all the sound. These are made of rubber and fit perfectly in your ear, and basically cut the volume by 20 decibals, which at high volumes is the different between comfortable and damaging.

I found an online link to get pairs for 2:

http://www.gct.org.uk/sales/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Miscellaneous_21.html

Third item down on the list. I've invested in three pairs and they're excellant.

Cheers,

Mike

PS: Lol reading that back I've just realised I sound like I'm trying to flog it on QVC.

"And thats not all, buy today and you'll also get 5 extra tubes of DD-7!"

I use Doc's pro plugs. I have a vented pair that only take off 3dB I think. These work at practices and gigs. Just takes the edge off the volume nicely and often makes it sound much better. Although they were 15 I think I am going to get a set of their non-vented 20dB plugs...they also do plugs with ear phone built in.

I use Doc's pro plugs. I have a vented pair that only take off 3dB I think. These work at practices and gigs. Just takes the edge off the volume nicely and often makes it sound much better. Although they were 15 I think I am going to get a set of their non-vented 20dB plugs...they also do plugs with ear phone built in.

i got a set of their vented earplugs a few weeks ago, and they are excellent, if i wear them at home i do notice a bit of high end rolloff playing guitar, though at a gig they took the edge off the sound perfectly, and left my hearing normal afterwards, instead of having ringing ears for a while.

they are labelled as only having 3dB (possibly 2, i cant remember) volume cut, but that is over the whole frequency range, they cut off a lot more of the higher frequencys (ie the ones that damage your hearing) than the lower ones, so effectively give a lot more protection than they are officially rated for

David