aberdeen-music

Favourite MOMENT(s) in black atom songs?

Dan G

EDIT: the bit between 0.00 and 9.19 in the watcher too' date=' forgot about that bit[/quote']

You mean all of it? ;)

Some of my favourite bits are: The bit in Chasing Ghosts right after the quiet middle bit with the heavy slow bit and the drumfill - dugga-da-dugga-da-dum-dum-diddle-smash

The triumphant middle riff of The Tie That Binds, right between the solos... the one that makes you want to rise up and slay the oppressors of your village. On horseback. In slow-motion.

Mac's second solo in the middle break in Age of Decay with the massive bend.

And yes, all of the Watcher. Just a fucking beast of a song from start to finish and I lurve playing it. I think my favourite bit of all is Rasses 'folky' sort of riff in the middle just before his solo (which is the second one). And actually Dan's solo (the last one) always makes me grin too :)

And yes' date=' all of the Watcher. Just a fucking beast of a song from start to finish and I lurve playing it. I think my favourite bit of all is Rasses 'folky' sort of riff in the middle just before his solo (which is the second one). And actually Dan's solo (the last one) always makes me grin too :)[/quote']

I actually agree, I love playing the watcher.

Len is a god.

there will never be another piece of music written by anyone i know that will have the same effect on me as the first time i heard 'empty sky.' i listened to it once on belmont street one night on joes MD player, but first the time i actually listened to it properly was at the following new year. the intro is devastatingly good. imagine that played at donnington or rio or somewhere else suitably huge that atom deserve to play. awesome!

apart from that, my favourite bits are the ones where erskine goes skiing and i get to play bass :D there's not been one of those for a long while tho!!

spoons

/x

• 4 weeks later...