aberdeen-music

Moshulu Rumour

Ross

ideally I'd like to hear (this is being realistic as to what you OCULD in soem way be likely to play)

Pig Destroyer, Carcass, Converge, Norma Jean, Tool, The Dagda.

in an ideal world there'd also be Goatsblood, Today is the Day, Quattro Stagioni and Desalvo, but there's no chance I'll ever hear them at a Moshulu club night.

I'm gonna come alogn anyway. What's door tax/drink situation?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I had quite good time. For those of you that weren't there, here's a bunch of bands I played (should've written a playlist but I couldn't find any paper):

In Flames, Arch Enemy, Chimaira, Dillinger Escape Plan, Converge, Dragon Force, Carcass, Static X, Mastodon, Lamb Of God, Unearth, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Pantera, American Head Charge, Korn, NIN, Rob Zombie, Anthrax, Norma Jean, Funeral For A Friend, Cradle Of Filth, Atreyu, Killswitch Engage... and a lot of other stuff that I don't remember at the moment.

People seemed to be having good time (I'd like to stress the word "seemed").

And to you Opeth fans that were out... next time I promise I'll play some. And you can hold me to that. :cheers:

Guest haigyman
And to you Opeth fans that were out... next time I promise I'll play some. And you can hold me to that. :cheers:

i just DON'T get it, i mean, there must've been atleast EIGHT of us asked for opeth, yet for some songs there was only about TWO people dancing.

i just DON'T get it' date=' i mean, there must've been atleast EIGHT of us asked for opeth, yet for some songs there was only about TWO people dancing.[/quote']

To be honest since it was the first night I was just throwing stuff out there and seeing what stuck. It's been a while since I DJ'd a metal night. As I explained to a couple of the people that requested Opeth, I'm not overly familiar with their stuff and I haven't had a chance to listen to the couple of records I have properly yet. Plus ten to fifteen minute songs are pretty hard to fit into the night!

But I will recitfy this problem soon. Someone, (I don't know if it was one of you guys or not), gave me quite an informative talk on Opeth tonight so I think I almost know what I'm doing now! Lord be praised! :D

It was me.

Even I gathered that.

Sounds like a decent selection of Metal Tunes...

...although I await... "There was too much.....metal" or "not enough.....metal"

Fairly busy considering apparently.

Feedback that i`ve heard has been really good so far.

Metal heads = Never happy....

Well thanks for stereotyping us Chris

I think moshulu would be a pretty poor place if we werent allowed to give you feedback that wasnt 100% ringlicking. I myself don't have any problems with any of the moshulu djs (infact ross is always incredibly friendly when I make my weekly in flames request) as I say, my only problem with last night was simply that the music played already gets played on a Friday and that its always the obvious songs (i.e. fear factory - linchpin or Arch enemy - we will rise) when there are plenty or other great tunes these bands have. I will attend the next Tuesday moshulu night (in a month?) and see if I might hear the odd out of the ordinary song.

Cheers

Well thanks for stereotyping us Chris

Sorry dude' date=' I was kidding - should've made that clear with one of these= ;)

I think moshulu would be a pretty poor place if we werent allowed to give you feedback that wasnt 100% ringlicking. I myself don't have any problems with any of the moshulu djs (infact ross is always incredibly friendly when I make my weekly in flames request) as I say, my only problem with last night was simply that the music played already gets played on a Friday and that its always the obvious songs (i.e. fear factory - linchpin or Arch enemy - we will rise) when there are plenty or other great tunes these bands have. I will attend the next Tuesday moshulu night (in a month?) and see if I might hear the odd out of the ordinary song.

You make a good point, from the point of view of Air Guitar, we get criticised for playing the same obvious songs by the same bands, but as far as I can see there is a balance; alot of the time we try something different, nobody dances! People dance to 'Sweet Child O'Mine' but not 'Garden of Eden', it probably pisses me off almost as much as it does you! But as DJs we have to entertain, and that's playing what people want to hear, and most of the time they want to hear the obvious stuff.

That said, getting people to dance to something NEW is part of the job too, and probably the most gratifying part, as I'm sure James would agree. I'm sure Carnage will come into its pretty quickly. Personally I'll be there next time for the P-Roach. :D

If P-Roach is getting played I'm there baby! ;)

I'd agree with Ross as I said on the night - less 'obvious' tracks by bands would be fully appreciated although I fully realise that these are the tracks that are probably being requested all night. 'Linchpin' already gets played on other nights at Moshulu so anything else by Fear Factory would be fully appreciated. 'Just So You Know' is ace but hard to dance to and has been heard a lot before...

I had a great night! Just thought I'd chuck in my tuppence. :)