aberdeen-music

Carl and Pete Reunite

marcbyers

hurrah! although even if the libertines were to get back together' date=' it's not very likely they'll be making any festival appearences[/quote']

i know, it probs def wont happen, althought they do like to do things in the spotlight, hopefully carl can now do what he shudve done ages ago n try n help pete to stay clean.

anyone heard any details whether pete has stayed clean or not?

a 10 minute chat on a sofa?

worst.reunion.ever

apparently it was an hour, maybe was just a chat on tha sofa but they hardly gonna arrange to meet on stage or sumin, it has to start somewhere. it couldn't have been a coincidence, carl hasnt been going out much. i think its better that they have met up in a pub rather than at the nme awards as everyone anticipated

all i can say is, Fuck the libertines! I am sorry, but why does Pete Doherty get crowned as a musical genious?? Ahh brilliant, i've finally found out how to break into the music industry!! Play 3 jaggy chords, sing awfully, take plenty of drugs, cancel gig after gig, become a rentboy for models and get chucked out of my band? It just pisses me off how this guy gets a chance to make something of himself and there are people in GOOD bands that might not ever get signed and he throws it all away for drugs! I seriously hope he doesn't die soon as he'll be hailed a rock legend which i really can't deal with!

I am sorry' date=' but why does Pete Doherty get crowned as a musical genious?? [/quote']

^ agreed

as much as i love the libertines, i don't have any sympathy for pete. it's a bit unfair to also say that carl should 'help him to get clean'. why? carl admitted that he didn't want to throw pete out of the libertines, but he didn't have much of a choice. if anything, he made the right decision at the time.

better for the libertines to have two decent albums than two decent albums and three shit ones, surely?

^ agreed

as much as i love the libertines' date=' i don't have any sympathy for pete. it's a bit unfair to also say that carl should 'help him to get clean'. why? carl admitted that he didn't want to throw pete out of the libertines, but he didn't have much of a choice. if anything, he made the right decision at the time.

better for the libertines to have two decent albums than two decent albums and three shit ones, surely?[/quote']

i can see where your coming from about carl but as carl has declared many times, petes his best friend, if my best friend had a serious drug problem i wud do everything i could to help him.

as for pete, he is very selfish and he has let so many people down but i remember when i bought up the bracket n no album has every meant so much to me as this has. Everytime pete takes out a new song i have loved it. i dont know about saying he is a legend but no other artist has effected me the way he has and on that terms i give him alot of credit.

one last thing, his problems havent been too different from kurt cobain's, he had his problems but everyone gives him the upmost credit, everyone will tell you he is a legend. im not saying pete and kurt are on the same level but they have similarities in the way they live/d their lives