aberdeen-music

Muse & Radiohead (not together, of course) making new albums...

historicrocker

I've heard some of Muse' material from various bootlegs from Earl's Court etc. and it's fantastic. From hearing the song that has been christened "Debase Masons Grog" I know that we should be expecting some major riffs and a side of Muse never heard before. This should be expected in Winter this year I should think.

On the other front, Radiohead have produced Arpeggio. With hope the rest of their album will be as good.

Does anyone know anything about the two albums? Just wondering. Also, anyone heard of a Pixies album coming out some time this year. Just a rumour I heard. Anyone?

I can't remember who but a few weeks ago one of radiohead said htey'd bee nworking in the studio for a few weeks. Thom and Jonny played Arpeggi at the ether festival which jonny had composed a few pieces for. Thom has said they have nearly finished the song, but is unshure if it will be on the new album. Thom played a new song during a short acoustic set at an overnight trade justice rally in london recently. There isn't really much other news. New bits of art work and possible lyrics have been appearing regulary on their site recently.

Keep an eye on www.ateaseweb.com for news.

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of bits of information on the radiohead album

from .greeplastic.com

News from the studio

May 12, 2005 10:30 AM - Posted by Jonathan

EXCLUSIVE! The band recently got together in the studio to play through new material, with reportedly 15 songs that they are working on with two of them described as "already done and amazing." They are in high spirits and happy to be playing together. The band first got together back in January and Thom played a bunch of his new songs for the others. Having never heard the songs before, the rest of the band just jumped in and started adding their own parts. The whole recording process has been described as "unorganized" and very different than the way Radiohead has recorded before.

We've been told that the new album should be finished by December with a release date in Feburay or March 2006. Touring will possibly begin in February 2006.

We'll have more information very soon...

More news from the studio

May 17, 2005 10:32 AM - Posted by Jonathan

It's still unknown at this point whether or not Nigel Godrich will produce this album. As you may know, Nigel has been an important role in the development of Radiohead going back to The Bends and is often referred to as the "sixth member" of the band. We do know that the band have been working alone with Nigel popping in every now and then to see how things are going. Thom has also given him CDs of new material. Nigel is currently working with Paul McCartney on his latest album and will most likely join Radiohead in studio once he's done.

Another question that remains unanswered is how this new album will be released. Radiohead fulfilled their contract with EMI with the release of Hail to the Thief and it's unclear if they will be resigning or going with another label. It's also possible that they may try and release this on their own, but that's just our speculation.

We'll keep you updated...

i want to know if radioheads new album will be more like the older rocky stuff, or continuing on from hail to the theif, the older albums are stunning, but i am not such a big fan of the newer stuff (though it is cool, just not something i would listen to all the time)

2+2=5 was heading in the right direction, so hopefully a bit more like that

David

I wouldn't be too hopeful to be honest. Thom has bee nquoted as saying the he next record wont sound like anything they've done before, but they have misled people before, saying amnesiac would be like the bends, that they were going to do an album of 3 minute pop songs etc althoguh that is usually ed. I would expect Jonnys work with the bbc national orchestra to maybe be an influnce, but who knows i just hope it's good.