aberdeen-music

Amsterdam??

Guest Cowboy Dan

I'm wanting to go in the summer as well, I of course work in the Hilton, so i'll get some fancy rooms for 18 a night.

This post is of no help to anyone.

Yup i'm going there in summer, for a reunion...I lived in Holland for a couple of years when i was like 10 and cause everyone's finishing school and because so many people come and go, they're having a reunion for their baccaulaureat(sp?) ceremony.

I had a look at the Flying Pig Holly, I thought it looked alright, I think I'd be scared to stay in a hostel...hehe. Cool though, I'll definately keep that in mind. Thanks.

It's probably not the best place to stay on your own but if you're going with someone else then it's fine. I went with 3 other people and we were in a 6 dorm room with 1 other guy who was from glasgow and we didn't have any bother.

We stayed at the Palace hostel and the bar downstairs was really nice and friendly.

Well i'm going with 2 other people so it's not that bad. Although, i've got a funny feeling one of them will not be up for staying in a hostel hehe. Because her daddy will probably pay for it. Thing is only gonna really be there for sleeping and showering.

I wouldn't mind staying out of Amsterdam because Amsterdam is pretty much rubbish compared to other parts of Holland!

Ibis hotel was cheapish and central.

Oh yeh, there's good aswell.

Ibis have loads of nice, cheap Travel Inn style places across Europe. I've stayed in a couple of nice one's in Paris. Those kind of Travel Lodge/Ibis/Travel Inn/Holiday Inn places are best for cheap hotels, you know what you're getting and they're normally pretty cheap.

I wouldn't mind staying out of Amsterdam because Amsterdam is pretty much rubbish compared to other parts of Holland!

You're right

Go to Leiden, its 10/15 minutes from amsterdam by train, and if you want to go to Holland, then thats a brilliant cosy dutch city.

Though Holland is so small you can get pretty much anywhere in the country in 3 hours or so.

Well whatever you do.. do not stay in the Prins Hendric hotel. It cost us a friggin bomb for itchy beds, carpets ad unclean bathrooms (toenails!!) plus we were right at the front and it was so fucking noisy. Didn't have curtains either so all the stag nights would come past and have a peek.

In the end.. just though 'fuck this' and stayed 5 star in the crowne plaza. Got a hundred euros off our room due to our sob story. Much nicer area with proper beds, swimming pool etc.

Still paying of debt.. but y'know.. it was worth it.