aberdeen-music

Contra News.

*Amy*

I'm not sure why Scott hasn't posted this here. I'm sure some people would like to know;

Ok, so it has been a long time since we have sent out a bulletin or updated anyone on the goings on of Contra.

Here is the story...

For the past few months, we have been working on writing a new set and working on doing a few out of town shows. But after around 4/5 months of this, it has been tough and members in the band (mainly myself) have been becoming increasingly unhappy in the band. This is mainly due to the amount of work and time which has been put into writing the new set, and the results which have came back are not that great, in my opinion anyways. But after about four and a half years together, Contra have decided to take a break. We will not be writing music together until later in the year if all goes to plan. We hope that this gives us space from each other and time to do our other things we have going on at the minute.

But hopefully we will pick up our instruments and play together again one day...

Thank you to everyone who has supported our band over the last four and a half years. No words can go out to express our gratitude to you all for your hard work and efforts to make this band work harder and to push ourselves to make better music.

Thank you.

We will update you when we know what is happening.

I dunno about you, but I wish them all the best in what they decide to do now. Hopefully they'll be back in action. Woah-oh.

I'm not sure why Scott hasn't posted this here. I'm sure some people would like to know;

Don't get that.....where had he posted it if he hadn't posted it here??? and heres an idea.....maybe he didn't post it here because he didn't want to. :nono: Just a thought. :D

I didn't post it here, because I didn't really feel the need to, lets be honest, there was about a hand full of people who cared about what Contra were doing...

So I just posted it on places where they would see it...

It has been a great 2 and a half years with this band, hopefully we will get back together at some point, thanks to everyone who has shown support to us in any way, shape or form.

It meant the world to us...

Cheers

xXscottXx

Don't get that.....where had he posted it if he hadn't posted it here???

Well' date=' it was on the stayover forums for starters... that's right kids, the place to be is here or if you just fancy going to the original thread...

this is a major blow for the aberdeen music scene in my opinion.

contra have been bringing us fine music for years and have certinley been flying this past year and a bit. I'll miss them and i hope that they do come back.

so for the last time for now

Oh yeah oh yeah oh yo yo oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah!

• 1 year later...