aberdeen-music

ENGL Powerball

HateEvent

Anyone have any comments or reviews on this amp. I have nowhere to try it but going from many soundclips people on other messageboards have made for me, I'm quite resolute on wanting one. It does what I need it to do (from what I've heard). Just looking for extra opinions. It will be running through a Marshall 1936 2x12 cab.

Cheers, James

Anyone have any comments or reviews on this amp. I have nowhere to try it but going from many soundclips people on other messageboards have made for me' date=' I'm quite resolute on wanting one. It does what I need it to do (from what I've heard). Just looking for extra opinions. It will be running through a Marshall 1936 2x12 cab.

Cheers, James[/quote']

check out www.harmony-central.com - they have bajillions of reviews (not quite) including the Powerball...

• 1 year later...
Guest five years

one of the best live sounds i've ever heard was 2 engl powerball + mesa cabs halfstacks with caliban (who are balls) playing through them. the actual guitar (esp + emg) sound was awesome though.

randall's are pish.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... it didn't arrive for the gig but nevermind - cos I got it yesterday!

It sounds simply astonishing! The cleans are perfect and there is sooooo much distortion on board!

Great for low or high volumes (used it at practice last night and it was sounding rather good IMO :p).

My old rough setting for my sound is now out the window too (gain at about 8 on the highest gain channel (as was the case with the Mesa)) as now I use the 'Lo Gain' setting with the gain at about 4 and it still manages to sound MASSIVE!

I advise the amp to anyone!

:D:D:D

I actually think this will do anything well!

Crunch channel is great for anything not metal that needs some drive!

Such a flexible amp!

If we gig with you then ya can see if it does the trick! :p

I don't regret it for one second now (I was contemplating just going for a DSL50 and using an EQ in the loop) as it's what I've wanted for - as you can see by the date of the first post - a very long time.

Anyone wanting to try the Powerball, Get down to the Moorings on a sunday arount 8pm for the open mic night, you will be free to have a play with one. as for me I have tried many different amps and the Powerball has to be up with the top few, great amp..