aberdeen-music

Preview track of new Turbonegro album released May 5th

Rob Karloff

Turbonegro - "Party Animals", new album out may 9.

[Monday, March 7th, 2005]

Turbonegro will release their new album Party Animals throughout Europe on the 9th of May, consolidating their position as the biggest underground rock'n'roll band (or, as they themselves call it: "the smallest mainstream band") in the world.

Party Animals is the follow-up to 2003s Scandinavian Leather, and is produced by Steve McDonald, known for his work with The White Stripes, Beck and Redd Kross.

"We've got 11 hits, all of them beautifully negative switchblade serenades," says Guitarist Euroboy.

Bassist Happy Tom says Its like the best bits of The Rolling Stones mixed with the best bits of Black Flag, but composed by Shostakovich, Stalin's in-house composer

Songs to appear on the album include City Of Satan, Wasted Again and Blow Me (Like The Wind). World, put your helmet on and get ready for the weekend.

Turbonegro will appear on festivals across Europe during the summer and a full European tour will follow in the fall.

Sounds like it'll be the fookin business!

• 1 month later...
Turbonegro rule.

Fully. The album is brilliant - Blow Me (Like The Wind) is a genius song -

"If I ran for election would you support my erection!"

Euroboy is on fire throughout and it's just a cracking album. If you're a fan of good old rock 'n' roll I would say at least give this a listen - you may become hooked.........