aberdeen-music

Kitchen Cynics...lunchtime gig this Thursday.

Kitchen Cynics...lunchtime gig today.

I'm doing 2 half-hour sets at the Tunnels today at lunchtime (not sure exactly when it starts...probably about 1pm). It would be nice to see a few friendly faces there. Just don't tell Stuart Maxwell, or he might turn up with his trained heckling parrot again!!! :nono:

It's FREE (I think!).

Guest stuartmaxwell

dont call joss that

he will take offence

as much as i would love to enjoy your set at lunchtime i will be panning me ass in at work down here

Guest Zeenat Aman
Phew...at least one audience member (but a top quality one' date=' obviously!! :up: )

I think the Damo things starts at 2 on Sunday....that means I'll have to start tuning the psaltery about 9 am!!!! (Not as bad as the sitar, though, thankfully).[/quote']

I miss playing sitar! :(

I'm doing 2 half-hour sets at the Tunnels on Thursday lunchtime (not sure exactly when it starts...probably about 1pm). It would be nice to see a few friendly faces there. Just don't tell Stuart Maxwell' date=' or he might turn up with his trained heckling parrot again!!! :nono:[/quote']

what?

shouldnt you be at school?

:nono:

Guest Zeenat Aman
Nope...still on holiday til next Monday (heart sinks considerably at the thought) :down:

Anybody got an extremely well-paid part-time job going????????????

*cough* Royal Mail *cough* :D

180(basic pay) for 26 hours work aint too bad.

300 basic pay for the full timers

I'll pop along for some lunchtime Cynicalism

I'm doing 2 half-hour sets at the Tunnels tomorrow lunchtime (not sure exactly when it starts...probably about 1pm). It would be nice to see a few friendly faces there. Just don't tell Stuart Maxwell' date=' or he might turn up with his trained heckling parrot again!!! :nono:

It's FREE (I think!).[/quote']

I look forward to seeing you there, Andy! I'm doing three new songs, (but will probaly need lyric sheets for them.......age has damaged the once efficient memory cells......other bits usually work OK, though :D )

Correction....I'll be doing 4 new songs, and one very old one which I've never done live before.

The more Daves the merrier!!

Did you check to see if you had 'Grotesque' on vinyl? I can take it along today if you don't.

Yep I've checked and have already got Grotesque on vinyl - but cheers anyway. Its def one of their best IMHO. Lovely cover as well. You should frame your spare copy...

Alan - this may be of interest to you. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1592&item=4716685326&rd=1 Its a great return to form for MES.

cheers,

Dave

how many chances do you give elwanko' date=' the guy has lost the plot

saviour the memories of the 70's 80's & into the early 90's when he was

vital........................[/quote']

The last proper Fall Lp is better than the majority of their 1990s and poppy 80s output, bat the actual the Peel sessions. Live The Fall are too erratic for most tastes.