aberdeen-music

Wrestlemania 21, April 3rd 2005. Results and opinions thread (spoilers)

Steve-O

These are the results from Wrestlemania 21, from the sold out staples Center in Los Angeles, California

Rey Mysterio defeated Eddie Guerrero

Edge won the Money In The Bank Ladder Match

Hulk Hogan confronted Muhammed Hassan

Undertaker defeated Randy Orton

Trish Stratus defeated Christy Hemme to retain the women's championship

Kurt Angle defeated Shawn Michaels by submission

Akebono defeated Big Show in a sumo match by ring out

John Cena defeated JBL to become the new WWE champion

Dave Batista defeated HHH to become the new World Heavyweight Champion

Opinions:

The JBL vs Cena match wasn't a very strong match. Cena wins with just the FU. A bit short for a WWE title match.

Chris Benoit might be out for a while. Edge may have seen tothat. Edge hit Benoit in the already injured elbow with a steel chair, causering him to fall off a ladder and land on that same elbow.

Hogan posed for wayyyyyy too long in the ring. That could easily have been halved and given to Cena vs JBL.

the counter that Orton used to get out of the chokeslam was amazing.

I'm pretty hung-up about last nights Wrestlemania. Although there was a few mistakes the first half of the pay-per-view looked like it was going to be one of the best events the WWF had put on. But then after the Angle Michaels match - when they did the two title matches, sumo match, hall off fame, and general filling out to save time - it was just pish. Such a shit 2nd half for an amazing opening PPV

Why didn't we get this?

Mysterio/Guerrero - Would have been 1,000 times better if mysterio had his mask properly fitted before the match. Pish, sporadic ending.

Ladder Match - One of the best, although i wouldn't like to be beniot today. Ladder jammed, and a chair shot to the same arm, ouch.

Taker/Orton - Didn't expect much from this, turned out to be an ACE match. Plently wrestling, and signature moves.

Stratus/Hemme - Like my wife would lose to a two-bit skank... Pretty good, should have been lower on the card though.

Angle/HBK - Could have gone either way, had boring spells but some pretty innovating stuff also.

Akebono/Show - Get the fuck off my PPV.... Utter Shite. Almost went blind.

Cena/JBL - I know the smackdown rooster's shit, but neither of these guys should be champion. Shit match, shit conclusion, shit 'headliner'

Batista/HHH - Again, Batista doesn't deserve to be champ, I think he's only held the Teg belt before. Heavily scripted match, rushed ending, no good twists or flair factor. I think this is the start of the belt rapidly going from superstar to superstar. (Edge, Benoit, Jericho, HHH, Orton)

When I watched it last night I didn't think it was that good at all but on reviewing the video this afternoon it definitely seems a lot better. The Angle/Michaels match in particular was ace as was the ladder match. I'm glad Batista and Cena won the titles but the matches weren't really main event standard in my opinion. And Steve O is correct: Orton's counter out of the chokeslam was awesome.

wheres kane? kane was always fun. not the coolest of characters but he was looked up to' date=' when i was a small geek in school[/quote']

he was in the ladder match...he was pretty solid for that match...but lets face it he'll never reach the top for a long time :(

what happened in piper's pit?

i didnt have enough money to order it :swearing:

It was pretty shit, Piper came out and all of the crowd kept shouting "What" after everything he said. Then he started moaning to Austin about how he was pissing off vince when wrestlemania didn't have a number. Carlito came out, and told everyone they werent cool, got appled in the face by piper, stunnered and PWND. Then after failing to catch about 6 beers and wasting 20 piper got stunnered and Austin walked out... pretty kesh.

Best taker match at mania for many a year.

Benjamin earned a lot of points for his tricks in th ladder match

A couple of major gaffs where the ref's had to hold their count(particulary the Angle/HBK match)

Cena/JBL was utter drivel,how the two of them managed to end up in a wrestlemania main event,I have no idea.

did nobody else catch the absolutely outragously racist hulkamania shambles?

wait wait slow down a second....your trying to tell us that "the Hulkster" would be involved in an even slightly racist angle...

no no that doesnt sound right at all...next you'll be telling us that he made a career of beating up ethnic minoritys and protecting America from 'traitorous' Iraq sympathisers...

out of intrest what did he do??

american dude (never seen him before) pretending (i think/hope) to be mentally handicapped comes down to the ring and makes a speech about how amazing it is to be at wrestlemania, every so often stopping to bite his thumb. The two arabic guys come down to the ring and grab the mic off of him, telling him how irrate they are at the fact that because of prejudice they will never be 'big' in the wwe.One of the arabic guys then holds the supposedly mentally handicapped guy in a submission manouvre and symbolizes a beheading, by motioning his hand over the guys throat like a knife, whilst the other arabic guy chants at him in arabic. Then 'i am a real amercian' is played, the hulkster runs down to the ring and beats the shit out of the arabic guys, to the cheers of all the crowd, the hulkster then poses for about fifteen minutes and goes backstage...absolutely outrageous...but nothing that you wouldn't expect from the most single-minded prejudice country in the world.

american dude (never seen him before) pretending (i think/hope) to be mentally handicapped comes down to the ring and makes a speech about how amazing it is to be at wrestlemania' date=' every so often stopping to bite his thumb. The two arabic guys come down to the ring and grab the mic off of him, telling him how irrate they are at the fact that because of prejudice they will never be 'big' in the wwe.One of the arabic guys then holds the supposedly mentally handicapped guy in a submission manouvre and symbolizes a beheading, by motioning his hand over the guys throat like a knife, whilst the other arabic guy chants at him in arabic. Then 'i am a real amercian' is played, the hulkster runs down to the ring and beats the shit out of the arabic guys, to the cheers of all the crowd, the hulkster then poses for about fifteen minutes and goes backstage...absolutely outrageous...but nothing that you wouldn't expect from the most single-minded prejudice country in the world.[/quote']

good to know the WWF is keeping everything tasteful as ever....i think that rates just above the time the big bossman stole the big show's dad's casket at his funeral (now THAT was evil), but just below the time that chick married and then "sexed" the old guy to death so she could somehow get into his daughters pants....remind me why i watched that crap again??

american dude (never seen him before) pretending (i think/hope) to be mentally handicapped comes down to the ring and makes a speech about how amazing it is to be at wrestlemania' date=' [/quote']

It was Eugene...

I think the worst bit was when Hogan posed and a huge Stars and Stripes flashed up behind him.

Else I thought it was great.

Druids!!! Taker vs Orton - just duuuude!

Good to see Lita, but the Hemme/Stratus match was pish poor save for about one rather good move from Hemme. Else it was just all Trish. I'd rather see Lita take the title off her than Christy anyway.

Ladder match was pretty good, poor Benoit - Chair off the already-smashed-up-by-Kane arm...ouch. And breaking his nose on the floor too - ouch! Have to admit I was kinda pleased to see Edge win.

american dude (never seen him before) pretending (i think/hope) to be mentally handicapped comes down to the ring and makes a speech about how amazing it is to be at wrestlemania' date=' every so often stopping to bite his thumb. The two arabic guys come down to the ring and grab the mic off of him, telling him how irrate they are at the fact that because of prejudice they will never be 'big' in the wwe.One of the arabic guys then holds the supposedly mentally handicapped guy in a submission manouvre and symbolizes a beheading, by motioning his hand over the guys throat like a knife, whilst the other arabic guy chants at him in arabic. Then 'i am a real amercian' is played, the hulkster runs down to the ring and beats the shit out of the arabic guys, to the cheers of all the crowd, the hulkster then poses for about fifteen minutes and goes backstage...absolutely outrageous...but nothing that you wouldn't expect from the most single-minded prejudice country in the world.[/quote']

I was appauled when this happened at the Royal Rumble and this random arab comes down to a ring with litterally 10 guys beating each other to a pulp, the second he's in they all stop, beat him within an inch of his life and all pick him up and throw him out then continue with the rumble much to the enjoyment of the crowd.

I thought it was a one off thing, but this just had me so close to writing a nasty letter to the WWE, only thing stopping me was the fact that, well lets face it, no-one is going to take the slightest bit of intrest.

As for wrestlemania, i really enjoyed it otherwise, Glad to see two of the most boring champions loosing thier belts to fresher faces, Rey beating Guerreo was great, The Taker match having me on the verge of needing new underwear, then the legend finally winning was great (randy orton blows ass).

The Ladder match was highly entertaining, although im still waiting to see Kane win something, he deserves so much more for having to put up with poop storyline after poop storyline.

The womans match only served as a reminder to look for Christy's playboy shoot, which was ok, but not as good as Torries.

The Sumo match serving as a reminder that fat men in nappies aren't cool.

Didnt enjoy the Angle/HBK match mainly because i dont like watching Angle, i find him a bit boring at times and after many years of it you could probably predict the path of any HBK match well in advance.

I dont remember the rest of the matches if there was anymore...

Loved the Movie Parodies, they put a good amount of effort into them, loved it!

Was it as good as the hart foundation beating up the russains during there national anthem? (cant remember what main event it was) It is good to see that they can change the story lines to keep up with modern america...........