aberdeen-music

hehehe..amusing pt.2...

Mouse

..thinking of the poor people who missed Dream Theater! :p

3 hours of musical heaven & they played Learning To Live on the encore along with the whole of Train Of Thought. I was also happy they played four of the movements from SDOIT. Mike Portnoy with 3 bass drums, John Myung and the Chapman stick, James hitting all the high notes, Jordan & John with their amazingly fast fingers........all just incredible! :rockon:

I though I saw Mac in the queue, but not postively sure! :)

Guest Scorge Spike

I thought they were spiffing - not the best band I've seen, but bloody good. Only drawback was that by the time I took to the Drakes stage about 22 hours later, I was well fooked.

Originally posted by Stephen:

Yea and being able to widdle all over the fret board makes you the best guitarsist in the world yea?

Yes it does. :D

Originally posted by Stephen:

Yea and being able to widdle all over the fret board makes you the best guitarsist in the world yea? sorry to say thats not all to it. Much prefer listenin to a guitarist with feelin and soul to his playin and is only half as good technically. Obviously just my opinion tho

Yeah I agree myself, but if your applying that to John Petrucci then you are definately mistaken. He is incredibly diverse, play mega fast, mega slow, with feeling, the lot.....if you don't believe me, become a DT freak :p

Originally posted by Mouse:

Yeah I agree myself, but if your applying that to John Petrucci then you are definately mistaken. He is incredibly diverse, play mega fast, mega slow, with feeling, the lot.....if you don't believe me, become a DT freak :p

Thats fair enough. Have listened to a ton of Dream Theatre and still i think that it is all bit too "muso". Yes its meant to be that way but for me i just prefer a guitarist that screams "play it like you mean it" i.e Matt Bellamy or Johnny Greenwood. But yea once again only my opinion

• 4 weeks later...