aberdeen-music

Black Atom, Man of the Hour & Everwicked - Warning: Metal Poses

Mac Atom

april18drummondssmall.jpg

Black Atom - www.blackatom.co.uk

Playing a wide selection of material from the new album and heaps of older tunes too in a full-on rockin' set - who know's, there may even be a cover or two thrown in for good measure. :rockon:

wind4.jpgwind6.jpg

Man of the Hour - www.manofthehour.co.uk

Man Of The Hour draw their influences from Heavy Metal bands such as Manowar, Judas Priest, B.L.S., Thor, Iron Maiden, Pantera, Black Sabbath, Anthrax, Cathedral, High On Fire & Sabbat, creating a heavy riff based sound filled with duelling lead guitar solos and ear splitting screams that is best described as Heavy Metal. These guys rule, we've played with them before and as anyone who saw them that night will testify they rock like mother-chuffers :rockon:

mainpicture.jpg

Everwicked - www.everwicked.co.uk

Born from the ashes of Addicted To Chaos, Everwicked take the blend of old school and modern power metal and define it further creating an exciting sound in a sometimes repetative genre. Expect guitar wizardry and plenty of power from the Gable-Endie metallers :rockon:

band.jpg

I'm sure you'll agree, never have a finer collection of Metal poses been brought together (well, not for at least 20 years ;) ) This gig promises to be a beast - and only 2 on the door - Woop!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scorge Spike

If Everwicked are anywhere close to their influences list, then my pipe dream of throwing an all power metal gig in this fair city might not be that far away.

I'll be in the corner on a spying mission.

It would seem that the aweome everwicked photo doesn't like being linked too - if any of you guys have one then shove it up here :D

Forgot to mention - Man of the Hour are from Edinburgh, and they are huge down there so don't miss this rare chance to see them in Aberdeen.... for only 2 ;)

Well sorry about that but Im afraid that IS my own style. :nono: I've never really listened to Blind Gaurdian enough to be able to imitate them. But since they are a pretty successful band Ill take this as a compliment. Cheers for the feedback dude :rockon:

Anyway... really lookin forward to playing up in Aberdonia again should be an excellent night.

Prepare for the metal onslaught

Thousand Corpses is a damn cool tune, lots of great ideas. What I did think was that the pre-chorus section where it seems to hang a wee bit too long on one chord could do with a beasting little riff over it to really build up to the chorus (which is awesome btw ;) ) There is some incredible guitar work on there but I can't help feeling that a lot of the time it isn't really taking the song anywhere. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't dream of playing any of that technical stuff as well as you guys, but I always think that a well written solo has much more impact than a purely flashy solo. There are a few moments, for example with the sweeping line at the beginning of the solo where it almost overstays its welcome and I was really urging it to go somewhere else. When it actually does move it sounds great but I think by repeating the sweep to many times it sort of loses its impact. Thats really just a minor issue and once again, the playing is absolutely awesome, but it would be made even better by injecting a few more ideas. Hope that makes sense and didn't come across as anything other than considered feedback - can't wait for this gig now, I'll be watching very closely to try and steal a few of those licks for myself ;)

:rockon:

I just think that the vocals sound somewhat Joe-like....maybe its just me talking shit or the fact that I've been listening to Atom for about 3weeks straight that everythign sounds like them I dunno.....anyone hear the resemblance?? (sp?)

and I was thinking the same thing about the dude from M.O.T.H and Johnny Depp

Thousand Corpses is a damn cool tune' date=' lots of great ideas. What I did think was that the pre-chorus section where it seems to hang a wee bit too long on one chord could do with a beasting little riff over it to really build up to the chorus (which is awesome btw ;) ) There is some incredible guitar work on there but I can't help feeling that a lot of the time it isn't really taking the song anywhere. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't dream of playing any of that technical stuff as well as you guys, but I always think that a well [i']written solo has much more impact than a purely flashy solo. There are a few moments, for example with the sweeping line at the beginning of the solo where it almost overstays its welcome and I was really urging it to go somewhere else. When it actually does move it sounds great but I think by repeating the sweep to many times it sort of loses its impact. Thats really just a minor issue and once again, the playing is absolutely awesome, but it would be made even better by injecting a few more ideas. Hope that makes sense and didn't come across as anything other than considered feedback - can't wait for this gig now, I'll be watching very closely to try and steal a few of those licks for myself ;)

:rockon:

I would say EXACTLY the same as Mac here. Same wavelength obviously my good man ;)